steve hunt? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are you on here? Or anyone know him? I think that's the right first name. Off-Road has an article on the Tank Trap trail in SF and his awesome '96-up 4runner was in it. I've seen it across the median on my way home from work a few times--SAS'd and coilover'd up front with 35s? 37s?

BTW, the pics looked more challenging than I remember it. I wonder if that trail will survive the travel management rule.

david

I don't think he's on here. I know him though. He is usually on yotatech.com

(BTW, it's a '99 4runner & I believe his Street tires are 35's and his trail tires are 37's)

A guy I work with is in that article. The Orange Rubicon his name is Eric Capener. Pretty cool to see his truck in a magazine even if it was a small picture.

What's tank trap like? I've got a guy that I know who wants to run his Rubicon up there and I'm wondering if I'd be a bad decision to bring the FJ along.

I like tank trap; it is one of my favorite local trails. You should be able to run it in a stock FJ. You may get some skid plate use and scratch your bumpers, but it's not that bad. The only off camber spot is the first obstacle.

I like tank trap; it is one of my favorite local trails. You should be able to run it in a stock FJ. You may get some skid plate use and scratch your bumpers, but it's not that bad. The only off camber spot is the first obstacle.

In my opinion, I think the FJ Cruiser should come from the factory with prescratched bumpers and skid plates. But then again, how would we separate the true offroaders from the posers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom