Stero Noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Sony CD stero ( I came with the fj60 in 2000) is in the 80 now but I can sear engine noise once in a while on weaker channels. It is real bad on AM. My 'GPS radar detector' also makes noise on the AM band.
Could it be a bad ground? Or is it that it is old and there is no fix?

Crutchfield and most stereo shops sell a fairly inexpensive filter (a capacitor IIRC) designed to get rid of interference that's most commonly caused by the alternator. I think maybe even Wal-Mart (the evil empire) carries them now. Alternator noise heard through the stereo tends to change pitch when you accelerate.

Yep - you should be able to buy some sort of filter to fix the problem. If the regualr steroe stores can't help you - try a good radio/CB shop.

Cheers, Hugh

If the stereo is installed corectly, with a good ground, there shouldn't be any radio interference. If you are running an amp, make sure the ground wire is as short as possible, other wise you will have a ground loop noise. The deck may also be suspect, sony hasn't made very good car stereo components for quite a while now. I have owned about 3 or 4 sony decks, all junk, they fell apart and would start changing volume and channels on thier own. I accuired these decks when buying vehicles that had them in them, othwise I would have stoped at the first one!! But in any case I would check your grounds, and make sure you are running factory pulg wires, non resistor wires emit alot of radio interference that is picked up buy the radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom