Stereo wiring clarification help - nav unit on '04 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of installing an amp / subwoofer and have the passenger seat pulled out and the amp removed. My question is where can I grab the L and R; + and -

I found this page, that is pretty helpful (in color too): Stereo Wiring: Land Cruiser (2003-07)

I found these 2 pages that show the schematics, but need a little help to get this figured out. I plan to use a T connector to grab the signal pre-amp, but which ones?

If this has been posted before, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help!
Robert

I figured it out and needless to say it was super easy to add a sub once I consulted with a local audio shop.

I went with a Rockford Fosgate sub with amp and tapped directly to the pigtail in the rear panel. Added 8ga wiring with a 65 amp fuse to the battery along with an 8ga ground to one of the existing bolts used for the factory sub box. No remote needed. The RF came with a remote EBC to control volume. And done. This box comes with an amp rated at 300 watts RMS and has a 10” sub. No need for anything else.

I had removed the seat to tap the existing harness... this step is no longer needed with this approach.

If anyone wants pictures I can post those up too.

Very simple and great enhancement, after upgrading all the stock speakers in the doors.

542ABFF9-D9A2-4676-95D3-84CAF6EC0DC0.jpeg

F47B5E55-BC74-469D-A58C-EBBF25C9ED0E.jpeg

A1A2318A-AD80-40FD-B347-6C0A8EA46E33.jpeg

A408D6CA-3045-4649-838F-4C0FBE8CCC86.jpeg

B2D98790-45F5-4D1B-A72A-1237758BC14C.jpeg

I used these in the front doors and the matching (without tweeters) in the back doors. Crutchfield’s chat support peeps were very helpful. Speakers sound great and will crack all the way up.

The stock sub has that white connector. Remove the sub and enclosure and harvest the wiring. Then splice it onto the harness of the new sub that is provided - you will need to add more wire to provide you more length. The diagram above shows the + and - and L/R at the connector (but before the connector). Very straight forward.

The RF amp sub I got will receive the signal after the amp and there will be a setting to make it an input leve setting that needs to be on high. The sub sounds great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom