Stereo Upgrade - Apple Carplay Screen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had my LC for a few months now and have been trying to figure out what to do with the garbage Nav head unit in this thing. Have looked at the Tesla and Teyes HU and dont want to deal with the glitches. Had a Grom V2 in our GX and it was kind of a POS especially for how much they cost. BT45 Toy Bluetooth unit but still no Carplay etc.

I think im going to mount one of these Carpuride screens over the area where the cassette player is. Does Apple Carplay, phone mirroring, Bluetooth calling etc. Still will have the factory screen above for backup cam and HVAC controls. Has anyone used one before? They seem to get really good reviews.

Connects to factory HU using bluetooth, aux input or FM transmitter. I would rather not use FM transmitter if I dont have to......is there a way to wire in an aux port on the factory HU? I looked and there doesn't seem to be one, at least not on my 05' with JBL

CARPURIDE Car Stereo with Wireless Apple CarPlay&Android Auto, 7" IPS Touch Screen, Multimedia Bluetooth Navigation Dashboard Console with Mirror Link, Google, and Siri Assistant - https://carpuride.com/collections/7-inches-wireless/products/carpuride-car-stereo-with-wireless-apple-carplay-android-auto-7-touch-screen-multimedia-bluetooth-navigation-dashboard-console-with-mirror-link-google-and-siri-assistant
carplay.jpg

Do you have the factory cd changer? Might be a way to use that line as your "aux in" of sorts.

Do you have the factory cd changer? Might be a way to use that line as your "aux in" of sorts.

Didnt think of that but you may be on to something there. I could likely wire in one of those BT-45TOY units and just use it for aux in but the $200+ price tag on those is ridiculous imo.

The stereos Toyota puts in there cars almost makes me not want to buy another one. At this point in my life, 5 Toyota vehicles later I have literally spent hours and hours of my life ****ing around with stereo stuff that is an easy head unit replacement in most cars. So aggravating

Didnt think of that but you may be on to something there. I could likely wire in one of those BT-45TOY units and just use it for aux in but the $200+ price tag on those is ridiculous imo.

The stereos Toyota puts in there cars almost makes me not want to buy another one. At this point in my life, 5 Toyota vehicles later I have literally spent hours and hours of my life f***ing around with stereo stuff that is an easy head unit replacement in most cars. So aggravating

Nvm, I saw it's an 05, was gonna bring up the Nav delete option but I guess they haven't figured out one for y'all yet?

I had to install a vaistech in my 05LC to be able to stream audio over Bluetooth. My factory Bluetooth won’t stream audio just allows hands free calling. You’d need that BT45 or a vaistech to be able to stream the audio over Bluetooth to that device if you don’t go with the aux input method. Otherwise I‘m not sure how you’d connect to it other than FM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom