stereo recomendations for tuffy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I put a tuffy stereo console in my 40 a few months ago and robbed the blaupunkt out of my 60. The blaupunkt doesn't do well at that angle. It is picky about how the cd is inserted and is hypersensitive to any minor bump in the road. What do you guys recomend?

I put a Kenwood KDC-X590 in the tuffy console and it sounds great (when you turn the engine off). It has a USB connector for ipod and is HD and bluetooth "ready." I don't use the CD player much. I believe the current model is X491. See ebay or Crutchfield. KDC-MP535U has most of the same features for a little less $.

Alpine with Ipod and don't look back. Any model with a cd player can accept alpines cord to retro fit an ipod.

Ebay...

i would also say kenwood i have never had a problem with any kenwwod product. i would also stay away from sony, i have not gotten more then a couple of years out of them(3 decks so far) before they fried. my kenwood is 7 years old and still play's like new. and as far as bumps, get one that reads the CD ahead of what is playing and it will eliminate skips. good luck!

Look around and get one that has USB connection in Front of the unit. Then buy a 1 gig Sony micro vault(?) USB pen drive. It is about the size of your thumb nail. Will hold around 400 songs. Never have to worry about skipping or running wires to an IPOD. You will never even notice it is there. I have one in my Dodge Diesel, a JVC unit ($150). No more CDs and no wires for a mp3 player. I am putting one just like it in my 40.

Clarion Marine 475...... had it for a few weeks..... doesnt mind the bumps or potholes. Smartlink cord I lighlty coated with dielectric grease( used a water color paint brush) .... hasnt vibrated out of back and keeps my ipod sync'd up well.

one thing... If you go to dusty areas always close the lid of the tuffy, cause the dust will destroy the cd player(dont ask me how I know)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom