Stereo problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I turned off the LC today (and removed the key), a weird thing happened: the stereo turned off momentarily, then came back on (?). When my wife opened the passenger door, it went off again. When we got back in the vehicle an hour later, the stereo wouldn't work at all. After driving for about half an hour, it suddenly came on again, but none of the buttons (volume, tuning, etc.) would work, and I couldn't turn it off. So I turned the LC off again...nothing, the stereo kept going, with no control function. Then it mysteriously turned itself off again. When it came back on - maybe 30 seconds later everything worked again - I could turn it off and on, volume, etc. I've turned the stereo and the vehicle off and on again several times since, and everything continues to work...but I get the feeling its only a matter of time until the electrical gremlin comes back. Anyone else had a similar experience? Known fixes? :confused:

We saw a similar problem with our Avalon- turned out to be the battery taking a dive. Replaced the battery, the problem went away.

C'mon, nobody else?

I'm now thinking that the passenger door is somehow tied to this problem. When I got out of the cruiser today (stereo still going), went around and opened the passenger door, then shut it ("firmly"), stereo turned off...

(Hank, haven't had battery checked yet)

Sounds like an ignition switch problem to me. The switch is not leaving ACCESSORY to OFF.

I would guess that something is loose. Take the stereo out and check the connections perhaps.

My 6 disk in dash doesn't work. The radio is fine, but the CD player won't play the CD's correctly. Makes a mechanical sound like something isn't working right. Anyone know what this is?

Thinking about buying a take-out stereo on ebay from a Sequoia or Tundra. Just need some measurements to make sure it'll fit okay.

my CD is dead again also, when I bought it last year the dealer replaced it with a re-man unit, now 13 months latter its completely toast, pretty sure they will replace it again for free because I told them about it 2 months ago when it 1st started acting up............just didn't have the time to get it swaped.

calamaridog said:
I would guess that something is loose. Take the stereo out and check the connections perhaps.

My 6 disk in dash doesn't work. The radio is fine, but the CD player won't play the CD's correctly. Makes a mechanical sound like something isn't working right. Anyone know what this is?

Thinking about buying a take-out stereo on ebay from a Sequoia or Tundra. Just need some measurements to make sure it'll fit okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom