Stereo install question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.irontonforge.com
I'm installing a new stereo and have a question... Where and how do I connect the parking brake and reverse light wires?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!! :popcorn:

I ran a wire down to the parking brake switch under the console. Reverse depends on your camera setup. I ran the camera cable along the sill channel on the RHS, it was quite simple, but some of the clips are a bit fragile. The camera cable had an extra wire, and I used the reverse light power. Just remove the side cover and all the plugs are visible. I broke a couple of side cover clips, but found some on line, pack of 50 for 7usd or something like that.

I ran a wire down to the parking brake switch under the console. Reverse depends on your camera setup. I ran the camera cable along the sill channel on the RHS, it was quite simple, but some of the clips are a bit fragile. The camera cable had an extra wire, and I used the reverse light power. Just remove the side cover and all the plugs are visible. I broke a couple of side cover clips, but found some on line, pack of 50 for 7usd or something like that.
Thank you! I appreciate your help.

My camera is pretty much straight forward, I don't see any issues there.

Need to figure out where to connect reverse wire coming from the stereo. 🤔 Crutchfield suggests behind fuse box. Not much room there.

Where are you guys mounting the GPS antenna and bluetooth microphone?

Thanks again!!

It’s been about a year and a half since did mine but IIRC, I tapped reverse into the reverse wire from the drivers side kick area. There is a 22 pin connector there. You want pin 19, red with black trace. Worked like a charm. Crutchfields gave me the info I needed to make that tap, double check with them. For the park brake, I just tapped it to the ground wire, that way I can run a movie CD for the kids in the back without having to “set the parking brake”.

Might depend on the unit. I did the same as @South Texas 97 and ran the reverse along the trim leading to the rear and tapped into the reverse light. My setup didn't come with enough wire so I had to splice some additional wire, but no big deal. I also used a bypass for the park that I got from Amazon. It works!

It’s been about a year and a half since did mine but IIRC, I tapped reverse into the reverse wire from the drivers side kick area. There is a 22 pin connector there. You want pin 19, red with black trace. Worked like a charm. Crutchfields gave me the info I needed to make that tap, double check with them. For the park brake, I just tapped it to the ground wire, that way I can run a movie CD for the kids in the back without having to “set the parking brake”.
That's Cool! So I can just run the parking wire to any ground?

Might depend on the unit. I did the same as @South Texas 97 and ran the reverse along the trim leading to the rear and tapped into the reverse light. My setup didn't come with enough wire so I had to splice some additional wire, but no big deal. I also used a bypass for the park that I got from Amazon. It works!
Thanks! That makes sense.

Did you mount a gps antenna or bluetooth microphone?

Love your area! I lived in Delta for several years. Truly miss it!

Thanks! That makes sense.

Did you mount a gps antenna or bluetooth microphone?

Love your area! I lived in Delta for several years. Truly miss it!
I just used the wired microphone that came with the unit. Didn't add a GPS antenna but I'm going to start hunting options since we moved here and using the cell phone just doesn't cut it.

Yeah, amazing part of the country for sure! Paradise right now for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom