Stereo Help please! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Radio stuttering really quickly and already replaced the stereo head unit and that didn't fix it.

0B5A0726-77DF-4197-A746-4C2B623B2E61.jpeg

I wrote out a long post, then I realized that you posted a picture of a sound problem... there may be a better media format for sharing what you are experiencing.

Post one of them talky pictures to YouTube so that you can show my ears what stuttering is.

@KnoxLex Yeah need more information as to what you did, what you are using, etc. Usually audio clipping (stuttering) is caused by a malfunctioning head unit or an issue with another component that is attached (e.g. factory amp). So without knowing what you used and whatnot, its a crapshoot.

Wellll. Troubleshooting is all about eliminating possibilities. You may just have a bad chassis ground or you have a failing factory amp.

I'd check the connections to start. Definitely what's going to the power amp, maybe your head unit isn't sending a good power on signal to it?
I'd consider just bypassing the amp at that point - start with some temp wiring to test. Maybe grab a pair of cheap walmart speakers to test the head unit with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom