Stereo Anti Theft Code??? (Need to unhook battery) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
well, i am going to go replace my belts and from what it sounds like from the other posts, its best to remove the battery

i was wondering if i remove it though, what happens to the secret code on the stereo? the previous owner didnt know it

any ideas?

thanks

There is a little icon of a key on the face of the radio. If that blinks with the ignition off there is a code input into the radio. If it does not blink there is no code and disconnecting the power will not lock up the radio.

Thanks Dan

I lucked out and due to time constraints just pulled the battery out to do the belts and when i was done and hooked it all up, everything was fine and even my presets were still there, which was quite bizarre!

Thanks, but i lucked out and the PO had never set it. Kinda curious why my presets and everything were still there though, the battery was out of the rig for at least an hour. Does it have some sort of internal battery?

Some radios have a temporary memory. I do not know how long it's good for.

Cool

Well, i know that it works for at least an hour! :D

Dont want to find out the limit though! :D

Thanks Dan!

Boston Mangler said:
Dont want to find out the limit though! :D

Ya...cause then you would have to start a thread to ask how to set your presets! :D :flipoff2:

I am just joking...you're not as bad as some...;)

TX_TLC said:
Ya...cause then you would have to start a thread to ask how to set your presets! :D :flipoff2:

I am just joking...you're not as bad as some...;)

Gee! Thanks Pal! :flipoff2:

Cut me some slack, this new fandangled electronic 80 is new to me, i am used to old simple stuff

Boston Mangler said:
Gee! Thanks Pal! :flipoff2:

Cut me some slack, this new fandangled electronic 80 is new to me, i am used to old simple stuff

Getting rid of the stock head unit was one of the first things I did...along with the blown front speakers. Neither the CD player or tape player worked...yours must be special! :D

My 96 LX is the same with the radio, if it made it an hour It is most likely non volatile memory. Only thing that is noticeable after battery disconnect that I can find is the clock and idle air control, mine revs on the first few starts afterwards until it learns. There are some other EFI functions that are learned such as long fuel term trim but so far none of them drastic enough to be noticed in the driver’s seat.

TX_TLC said:
Getting rid of the stock head unit was one of the first things I did...along with the blown front speakers. Neither the CD player or tape player worked...yours must be special! :D

Yeah, looks brand new as if never touched and works flawlessly, i can probably sell it to finance the aftermarket head unit for my iPod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom