Step right up- Pertronix for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
After two years on the board, finally a full on pimp post! I plunked down some major coin and got a contract to be a wholesale distributor for Pertronix. I've been running the kit in my FJ45 satisfactorily for 8 years now and decided to go for it.

For the remainder of March I am offering a package deal on the basic Pertronix ignitor and Flamethrower coil for $99.00 and a flat rate of $8 shippingin the CONTINENTAL U.S. to all red [and silver] star members of the board.
If you are interested, please follow up by calling the shop.

Thank you for your support.

[edit] There are several models of Pertronix currently available. The special price is ONLY for the basic model, covering 1973 and older distributors. I do stock the others as well. [/edit]

The 74-77 model, for the later years of points-type distributors is available for $10 more.

Or for $99 you can purchase the Pertronix 2 with upgraded circuitry and lower ohms operation. No coil included at that price.

Last edited:
don't mean to rain on your parade but this should probably go in

Vendors/Manufacturers section.

Anyways I remember i got my setup for 79 plus tax at the local craigen. good luck tho. NOTE: not all craigen's carry this. At least thats what I have experienced. I got lucky. ;)

okie said:
don't mean to rain on your parade but this should probably go in

Vendors/Manufacturers section.

Anyways I remember i got my setup for 79 plus tax at the local craigen. good luck tho. NOTE: not all craigen's carry this. At least thats what I have experienced. I got lucky. ;)

1. Would that be Kragen?

2. Would that be for the Pertronix AND the Flamethrower coil? If so, I'm in trouble!:frown:

3. I thought about the Vendor section, but am not sure about the 'call'. I figured I would post here and let the moderators decide. No offense taken.;)

what's the price to us silver star members?

I am interested - need a set for a 76 FJ40. Will be out of town until next week. PM me if you have a set for this vehicle. Thanks

WOW Mark how are you doind this with coil for $99(shiped) that's crazy cheep i payed i good sum for just the Pertronix with out the coil. but now may be I can get the coil, how much for just the coil if you can do that? with you messing up your stock.

updated the original post. TIA:)

ttt:)

Trollhole said:
hey Mark have they figured a way to make it work on a 76 FJ40?

I've got that one too.;)

Last edited:
Only a few days left.;)

:bounce: Special reinstated for the month of January!:bounce:

:bounce: Special reinstated for the month of January!:bounce:

Wow thats an awesome price. I just did this upgrade a few months ago and its well worth it. Cost me a $140 with the coil. Thats always my luck. :cheers:

Time for a bump.

Thanks for being so cooperative Steve O.;)

Thanks for being so cooperative Steve O.;)

Thanks for having the stuff I need. I was in L.A. for two weeks in Oct/Nov, I should have picked it up in person if I had been a little more on the ball. Looking forward to getting it installed. ....Steve :cheers:

Time for a bump.

I spoke with you the other day over the phone. My diaphram is mounted on the right side of my dist. 4 example if I had to wrap the vacuum line around the distributer while it was still hooked up it would be turning clockwise. I hope this makes scense. If not maybe I will just send a pic. I would like to order a pertronix set up w/coil for my 71 fj40. I can pay with paypal.

Thanks

Here's a pic of a vacuum advance dizzy:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=812249&postcount=4

vac retard would have the diaphram on the other side if it was a small cap dizzy.

If it was an intermediate cap dizzy, the diaphram would be on the same side as the one in the pic, but the nipple would be coming out of the diaphram on the side that is closer to the cap, not facing away from it.

Hope that makes sense.

Here's a pic of a vacuum advance dizzy:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=812249&postcount=4

vac retard would have the diaphram on the other side if it was a small cap dizzy.

If it was an intermediate cap dizzy, the diaphram would be on the same side as the one in the pic, but the nipple would be coming out of the diaphram on the side that is closer to the cap, not facing away from it.

Hope that makes sense.

My diaphram is mounted in the opposite direction. I will send you a picture of it just to make sure we get it right.. I should be able to post a pic tomorrow.

Thanks

Thanks

last day.:frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom