Step Bars - what to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took the factory running boards off about 3 days after I bought my 2000 TLC. With baby #1 on the way, wife wants them back on or a reasonable alternative (285s make it just hard enough to get in for her) I like the way it looks without running boards, and wouldn't mind an aftermarket nerf bar. Anyone know of a particular item, manufacturer or model number to suggest? Most sites that sell these don't offer a specific option for a TLC, just the Tundra's and Tacoma's. Don't know if the Tundra has the same height frame members as the TLC, in terms of the no drilling u-bolts that most seem to use in attaching the bars to the vehicle.

I'm sure I will have plenty of responses as to why i should spend the money on Slee sliders, but it isn't in the budget and I don't do that type of offroading to necessitate the purchase.

Thanks.

For safety (for the sell to the wife), I would highly recommend sleesliders.

uzj100

I would save for the Slee's. There really is nothing better, and the shop is in Golden! The Slee Slider Steps provide great protection, and make getting in/out easy. Worst case, put the running boards back on until you have the $$. Just a thought. Bye the way, welcome! :flipoff2: It's nice to see another front range 2000 Cruiser.

Your probably not going to get many responses suggesting other than Slee sliders, and as there isn't a large selection of aftermarket support from the mainstream companies (westin, etc), have you considered just putting stocks back on?

Also, you may want to stop into a local Auto Accessory location and ask them if they can try one of the more common brands of Tundra Nerf bars can be made to mount up.

just go slee. only choice, or put back the stock ones.

I almost forgot, where the hell are the pictures of that truck??? What 285's are you running?

I took the factory running boards off about 3 days after I bought my 2000 TLC. With baby #1 on the way, wife wants them back on or a reasonable alternative (285s make it just hard enough to get in for her) I like the way it looks without running boards, and wouldn't mind an aftermarket nerf bar. Anyone know of a particular item, manufacturer or model number to suggest? Most sites that sell these don't offer a specific option for a TLC, just the Tundra's and Tacoma's. Don't know if the Tundra has the same height frame members as the TLC, in terms of the no drilling u-bolts that most seem to use in attaching the bars to the vehicle.

I'm sure I will have plenty of responses as to why i should spend the money on Slee sliders, but it isn't in the budget and I don't do that type of offroading to necessitate the purchase.

Thanks.

I have the nerf bars for the same reasons your Wife is on YOUR case.

side.jpg

I have the nerf bars for the same reasons your Wife is on YOUR case.

side.jpg
Mobi, what bar is that you have on your LC? I didn't know any bars of that type were available without a bumper attached to it..............I'm wanting something for my LX

dnp

Smitty 701618.....

Sorry, thought you meant the nerf bars. Yes, it's a TJM T16. It's a mounting point for lights and provides no real protection....I believe the industry term is a "damage-multiplier" in its most basic form.

Last edited:
DNB, that nudge bar is a T16 bar, available in either stainless or polished alloy. There are a range of TJM side steps available as well, but these are pure side steps, not a slider at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom