Step 1 baselining (91 FJ80) - Off with a....thud. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the 93 camry v6 will work I had the same issue on my 92 it was a cel light rough idle and white smoke from running so rich went to O'reillys and picked up a camry one fixed it right up

Many thanks! I may try that before the mysterious $70 Herko version. It’s allegedly for the 3FE but...I’m not much for being the canary down the mine shaft.

One follow up question though is that an install-and-go fix/replacement or any tuning required to run CEL free?

Last edited:
Plot twist. Found this on auto zone as well. Claims it’s for the 3FE, but obviously not OEM.

544080B6-69E8-42B7-BAA9-17C17B95C554.jpeg
S

I think I may have s spare one in the garage, or other than that there is one at the local pick n pull I could maybe make it to this weekend if you are in a bind and aren't in a huge rush.

I think I may have s spare one in the garage, or other than that there is one at the local pick n pull I could maybe make it to this weekend if you are in a bind and aren't in a huge rush.

Man, that would be awesome. And I’m definitely not in a rush, just don’t have a lead on a solid working OEM replacement yet.

Oddly enough, we don’t have a u-pull-it yard anywhere near me. If they have a good one, that would be great!

I leave this weekend for a work trip anyway, so feel free wait until it’s most convenient for you.

I’m gonna pry it off and look. Based on what I’ve seen from photos compared to what I heard and then saw crumble out of it, I think I may be beyond resoldering.

Always worth a look though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom