Steering wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,
The PO installed a tiny steering wheel, I guess he thought it was a gokart.
Well even with 31's its like a cement truck with the power steering broke.
What is everyone using without power steering? Don't wanna go disco/pimp just want something a little larger , ideas?
eric

Grant with the adapter -

Specter has them but mega money -

Just shop on ebay for a used Grant or knockoff - and get the steering wheel adapter at your local Checker/Pep Boys...

I have looked ofr the Grant adaptors at local stores. They do not list the part numbers for the early models (pre 72) I need one for a '70 and a '65. I guess I have to get it from SOR.

get one adapter there, then you'll have the part number and you can buy the next one at checker.

If you want to stay stock and SOR doesn't have what you're looking for, I got a pre-'69 OEM steering wheel (36 spline) from Tim at Landcruiser Specialties. Xlnt shape, no cracks, shinny finish - $75.

Also, I don't know the part number, but they do make Grant adapters for the older 36 spline wheels.

Yes, Google is your friend, but even Grant could not give me the part number when I contacted them direct... Their catalog only shows down to 74 I belive... Ordered one form SOR....

Shawn Russell said:
Yes, Google is your friend, but even Grant could not give me the part number when I contacted them direct... Their catalog only shows down to 74 I belive... Ordered one form SOR....

I know Specter has a habit of repackaging things, but if it's not, would you mind posting the Grant part number when you get it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom