Steering wheels?

Otterav

Hey,
The PO installed a tiny steering wheel, I guess he thought it was a gokart.
Well even with 31's its like a cement truck with the power steering broke.
What is everyone using without power steering? Don't wanna go disco/pimp just want something a little larger , ideas?
eric

Grant with the adapter -

Specter has them but mega money -

Just shop on ebay for a used Grant or knockoff - and get the steering wheel adapter at your local Checker/Pep Boys...

I have looked ofr the Grant adaptors at local stores. They do not list the part numbers for the early models (pre 72) I need one for a '70 and a '65. I guess I have to get it from SOR.

If you want to stay stock and SOR doesn't have what you're looking for, I got a pre-'69 OEM steering wheel (36 spline) from Tim at Landcruiser Specialties. Xlnt shape, no cracks, shinny finish - $75.

Also, I don't know the part number, but they do make Grant adapters for the older 36 spline wheels.

Summit in Nevada has the parts, and the Grant website has a tool that will provide you the part number.

Google is your friend.

Yes, Google is your friend, but even Grant could not give me the part number when I contacted them direct... Their catalog only shows down to 74 I belive... Ordered one form SOR....

e rock

Shawn Russell said:
Yes, Google is your friend, but even Grant could not give me the part number when I contacted them direct... Their catalog only shows down to 74 I belive... Ordered one form SOR....

I know Specter has a habit of repackaging things, but if it's not, would you mind posting the Grant part number when you get it?

Top Bottom