Vendor Steering Wheels for Land Cruisers (70/80/100) - Updated! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m backing @Rollinn, I bought a wheel from this guy and it was a terrible experience. I got my money back so I’ve tried to stay out of this but my situation wasn’t far off from @Rollinn. This dude may not have bad intentions, but he doesn’t know enough and the international shipping makes it a liability.

Bottom line is he needs to stick to eBay, he doesn’t deserve the credibility that comes with being a Mud vendor.

As for @Rollinn

He paid for two steering wheels. One was shipped from Dubai, the other was shipped from the US. The US one was the LS400 one. As soon as he received it, we were able to investigate that with the part number that it is an LS400 wheel. (Yes. this should have been done before sending it)
Robb was already refunded for it, since I had kept some money in my Paypal for it.

As soon as the other wheel was shipped from Dubai, he opened a credit card chargeback claim via Paypal for that wheel. It didn't ship in time, so Paypal blocked the $335. They asked me to request the buyer to ask their bank to reverse it.

The other steering wheel was eventually delivered, but it had some marks on the hornpad. No idea how that happened. But it was clear that Robb would have to be refunded.

Robb asked for a refund and I told him the refund amount has already been locked by Paypal.

Robb said he would only close the case when I would refund him. I have all the screenshots.

I relisted both wheels, since I had to refund Robb and my Paypal was already negative due to the chargeback. The LS400 wheel was sold to someone on Ebay (funds went to Payoneer, not Paypal) I sent Robb a shipping label. But he threatened to throw both steering wheels away, unless there was a refund for the second wheel. He also asked for $50 to ship both wheels.

I requested a friend in Italy to directly send Robb the refund. That was a rookie mistake, since Paypal doesn't consider it a refund. Robb was also paid $50 to ship both. The other wheel was shipped to Puerto Rico on 3rd December. Till date, it hasn't been delivered. Might consider it lost and refund the buyer again.

So Robb was able to secure his initial $335 via credit card chargeback. Then he got $385 from my friend. And a few days ago, Paypal closed the entire case in his favour 🤢, debiting $335 from my Paypal again. So that's almost $1055 gone. Also, the Puerto Rico wheel might also have to refunded, so almost $1,500 gone.

I requested Robb to reverse the additional refunds. But he has blocked me on Whatsapp. He is singing the scammer scammer label and has no intentions.

If the Mods feel that I shouldn't be selling here, they can let me know. But I am sure multiple refunds are also unfair.

@4060seriesnut, I was lucky enough to have someone have a similar issue at the same time or I might have been screwed. It took a lot of back and forth to get you to believe you sent me the wrong model wheel. Like I said, I don’t think you’re a scammer but there is no return policy and a Mud backing leaves members with a false sense of security. eBay is a better platform for these international transactions.

You also don’t specify from mediocre vinyl wraps and original Toyota wraps. Your photos are dark and a bad representation of what you’re selling. You also lean on all these happy customers but no one here has come to your defense.

If Mud wants to keep taking your money and giving you a vendor title that’s fine, keep me and everyone else out of it though. You keep tagging me and @rollin and act shocked wwe tell our side.

@4060seriesnut, I was lucky enough to have someone have a similar issue at the same time or I might have been screwed. It took a lot of back and forth to get you to believe you sent me the wrong model wheel. Like I said, I don’t think you’re a scammer but there is no return policy and a Mud backing leaves members with a false sense of security. eBay is a better platform for these international transactions.

You also don’t specify from mediocre vinyl wraps and original Toyota wraps. Your photos are dark and a bad representation of what you’re selling. You also lean on all these happy customers but no one here has come to your defense.

If Mud wants to keep taking your money and giving you a vendor title that’s fine, keep me and everyone else out of it though. You keep tagging me and @rollin and act shocked we tell our side.

Yes there is no return policy. But you have Paypal buyer's protection and I cannot run away with anyone's money here. If Paypal feels that I have to accept a return and refund, I will follow that. I don't deal via Western Union as other overseas sellers do. It's also tragic that for shipping delays, no one is factoring the pandemic and how it still has messed up the entire process.

Yes there is no return policy. But you have Paypal buyer's protection and I cannot run away with anyone's money here. If Paypal feels that I have to accept a return and refund, I will follow that. I don't deal via Western Union as other overseas sellers do. It's also tragic that for shipping delays, no one is factoring the pandemic and how it still has messed up the entire process.
Excuse after excuse. I purchase items from the Toyota dealers in Dubai all the time. All throughout the pandemic and before and after I purchased the wheel. Funny how their items are at my door within a week. But yours somehow is stuck at customs. When I asked half a dozen times for a copy of shipping label your never provided it. And didn’t respond. Why? You answered with because i didn’t have anything to tell you. Not the way we do business here in the states. That may be acceptable there, but not here.
And since the other item is lost in transit he wants me to call usps and deal with the list package. The most absurd and delusional person ever. Sells random junk yard parts, recovers in the absolute worst vinyl you can get your hands in, thin cheap stitching and Cala it a day. Guys I sent my wheel to a local shop here in so cal and had rhe wheel recovered in high quality leather with deviated stitching for $350, wheel is better than OEM. Use you factory parts and just recover and know it’s the exact part you need, compatible and WILL work if god forbid you get in an accident.
Again just a weasel trying to make every excuse to make himself out to be a messiah of steering wheels and clusters. Look at his eBay feedback, same song n dance, stating worst seller they have ever dealt with. His eBay name is jdmstan.
One day this three will die

Have you not read any of the posts above you?

I've sold many wheels and spare parts here with no issues. Can share references if you want. Have built more than 20 soft top kits worth $2500 each! for Mud members here.

It's only two steering wheels which were Lexus LS400 Wheels / Celsior which became an issue. All affected individuals have been compensated/refunded.

@RustyLC @FJ404345 would appreciate if you could share your experiences...

Last edited:
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

Took $275 from me promising a part from Dubai. Did not have the part as he claimed.

Had another vendor send me a damaged, rusted, cigarette burned, anthrax covered part from Pakistan.

Will now not refund me or accept return as promised.

Resold the same part as mint condition to @freezedriedfetu and ask me to ship the part to him.

100% Scam this is nothing more than a Ponzi scheme. He takes money and then orders parts from junk yards.

Maybe you get what you paid from maybe you get screwed like I did.

No, this thread should remain open so that unsuspecting people like me will see what this guy is doing! I ordered an 80 wheel from this guy on 03/12/22 and have not received a tracking number let alone the wheel. I failed by trusting the vendor tag on his profile and did not do any research on this guy before sending him $325.
On 03/17, I sent him a message asking for the tracking number he stated would be provided within 2-3 days, zero answer from dude.
On 03/23, I sent another request for a tracking number. He finally answered, replying, “I thought I had responded, will have tracking soon”.
On 03/26, I sent him a message asking for a refund. He responded by telling me the item was in transit to him and that he sent the wheel back to his “vendor” because he didn’t like the quality and was waiting for a different wheel. I then requested a second time for a refund and haven’t heard back since.
I filed a complaint with Paypal and am waiting for a refund.
Other’s are right, this guy is a scam. Hopefully others will see this thread and not buy from him, better yet, hopefully he will be removed as a vendor from this site.

No, this thread should remain open so that unsuspecting people like me will see what this guy is doing! I ordered an 80 wheel from this guy on 03/12/22 and have not received a tracking number let alone the wheel. I failed by trusting the vendor tag on his profile and did not do any research on this guy before sending him $325.
On 03/17, I sent him a message asking for the tracking number he stated would be provided within 2-3 days, zero answer from dude.
On 03/23, I sent another request for a tracking number. He finally answered, replying, “I thought I had responded, will have tracking soon”.
On 03/26, I sent him a message asking for a refund. He responded by telling me the item was in transit to him and that he sent the wheel back to his “vendor” because he didn’t like the quality and was waiting for a different wheel. I then requested a second time for a refund and haven’t heard back since.
Other’s are right, this guy is a scam. Hopefully others will see this thread and not buy from him, better yet, hopefully he will be removed as a vendor from this site.

Hello Savanah,

As mentioned, it takes 3-4 weeks for delivery and tracking details aren't available instantly. This is the case for all shipments. You'll be getting your full refund as soon as I receive confirmation that the steering wheel will be cancelled, as it is in transit, and returned to me. Weirdly, your address is being cited as a remote location and the shipper is asking for more money for delivery, so I have requested them to the change it to a friend's address in the US.

@jesus888 just received his wheel in the same batch I told you about, where I sent 7-8 other wheels. He seems to be happy and has also ordered in the past.

His build thread can be seen here:

1648628279242.png

I have sold and shipped more than 50-60 steering wheels here and only 4-5 people had issues. They have been compensated/refunded in the past. I also told you that all transactions are done via Paypal Invoice where there is buyers protection. So no one is running away with anyone's money. Yes this thread should remain open.

thanks

I didn't say delete it. But the mods can lock it and post a disclaimer in the first post.

Hello Savanah,

As mentioned, it takes 3-4 weeks for delivery and tracking details aren't available instantly. This is the case for all shipments. You'll be getting your full refund as soon as I receive confirmation that the steering wheel will be cancelled, as it is in transit, and returned to me. Weirdly, your address is being cited as a remote location and the shipper is asking for more money for delivery, so I have requested them to the change it to a friend's address in the US.

@jesus888 just received his wheel in the same batch I told you about, where I sent 7-8 other wheels. He seems to be happy and has also ordered in the past.

His build thread can be seen here:

View attachment 2966464

I have sold and shipped more than 50-60 steering wheels here and only 4-5 people had issues. They have been compensated/refunded in the past. I also told you that all transactions are done via Paypal Invoice where there is buyers protection. So no one is running away with anyone's money. Yes this thread should remain open.

thanks
5 out of 50 is a 10% rate. That's ****ing abysmal.

I have to add, you say leave the thread so unsuspecting people don't fall victim, but you fell victim with plenty of evidence.... So how does keeping the thread open help?

My name is Matt, which you should know from the few dm’s we have exchanged. It’s amazing how quickly you respond when the conversation is in an open setting. I don’t want the wheel, which you should also know from the previous two requests I sent you. I’ll make this the third request for a refund.
If it usually takes 3-4 weeks to get tracking information, why did you tell me it takes 2-3 days? If you had initi told me that, I wouldn’t have been interested in purchasing and we wouldn’t be where we are now.

I have to add, you say leave the thread so unsuspecting people don't fall victim, but you fell victim with plenty of evidence.... So how does keeping the thread open help?
Because it took some digging to find this thread. Are you suggesting it be closed so that the continued behavior of the seller goes unnoticed?

Because it took some digging to find this thread. Are you suggesting it be closed so that the continued behavior of the seller goes unnoticed?

No i suggest it be closed so he can't peddle his wears here.

Close it. Pin it. Post his ass in the bad sellers thread. But this thread serves no purpose.

Timeline: 11 March 2022

View attachment 2966493

You disappeared for two days after I shared the invoice, so I had to inform the vendor that the buyer isn't interested. Then you got back on the 13th.

View attachment 2966494

I never said 2-3 days, can you share screenshots I might have missed? So on Sunday March 13 I told the vendor to ship the wheel to me. I received a few samples but wasn't happy. Asked him to send more. Got two super clean ones. Waited for @k91 to let me know what 60 series parts they want.

View attachment 2966468

And you replied:

View attachment 2966495

Clearly at this point I am waiting for your email on the 60 series parts and assuming we'll be shipping all parts together.

But then you asked for updates on the steering wheel, which clearly meant you just wanted the steering wheel. It was then handed over to the shipper on the 17th.

View attachment 2966496

You should probably remove his ****ing personal info from the screenshots.

And if he paid 2 weeks ago, why isn't there tracking?

The Paypal invoice has a Note to the customer, which reads:

1648630067740.png

Also, you gave me an incorrect address for shipment. You asked me to ship to Scotsdale, AZ, but the invoice had a different address. Paypal doesn't cover sellers, even if buyers receive the steering wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom