Steering wheel stuck in "Off" position (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A year ago I took my 04 LC into a dealership for inspection/oil change
BIG mistake

When I picked it up 2 big issues
- my steering wheel is stuck in the "off" position - fully lifted and un-telescoped
- the remote lock no longer had the audible low honk

I got a bull**** run around ranging from it never worked to blaming me... but an offer to fix for 1000+
I've driven since then and got used to the wheel position... BUT going to replace the worn steering wheel and figured it would be a good time to fix.

There is no movement in the steering column when I turn on or try to adjust. Not even a sound. I've tried to pull and still nothing
Could this be a fuse/electrical issue, rather than motor(s)?

There had been a faint scraping sound when turning the wheel for a few months leading up to this (assumed it was clock spring)

Find it odd that that the locking sound/horn would also go out at same time... which makes me thing electrical/fuse/???

Thanks in advance for any ideas

That really sounds like a runaround. What did you take it in for in the first place ?

Anyway, those both sound like issues you could fix with techstream. The dealer should have done that. There is lots of info on this forum about using techstream.

Techstream can be used to disable auto lift but I don't believe it can fix a physical or electrical issue with the steering wheel.

Yes, the audible beep for remote lock/unlock can be turned on or off with Techstream.

I wonder if the dealer tech connected techstream without really knowing what they were doing, disabled the two functions by randomly clicking around, and then the dealer gave you the runaround since they didn’t want to deal with figuring it out.

My vote is for get a copy of techstream and a cable and see if you can check the settings.

That really sounds like a runaround. What did you take it in for in the first place ?
oil change and inspection
They told me that my model of LC didn't chirp when locking - when I know it did

I wonder if the dealer tech connected techstream without really knowing what they were doing, disabled the two functions by randomly clicking around, and then the dealer gave you the runaround since they didn’t want to deal with figuring it out.

My vote is for get a copy of techstream and a cable and see if you can check the settings.

Yeah this sounds right
I originally though maybe they pulled battery/blew fuse
When I took it back to dealership and the 3 phone calls with service manager - I asked if they could have reset or disabled
he repeatedly told me that there is no chirp for lock and the motors were probably worn out
(both things that worked perfectly fine when I left the LC)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom