Steering wheel shudder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Now I notice that when I am going down a hill or I have some speed with my truck that when I put my brakes on the steering wheel shakes. What do you think? Rotors? I just rebuilt the calipers and got new front rotors about 6,000 miles ago. And repacked the bearings too. Or I also have the sping noise in the streering colum thing could it have a connection to the old spring? Any thoughts? mech said the trunion bearing is ok.

How would you problem solve this shudder?
:cheers:

I would make sure my wheel bearings are not loose or damaged, and check the studs on the bottom of the birfs first.

That out of the way, I think your rotors are warped. Are they OEM rotors or aftermarket?

They are aftermarket I was looking for something better. If they are warped i'm going to get pissed.

This is just the sort of thing that eats into the mod thing. You know what I mean?

Lots of different opinions here on OEM vs aftermarket rotors, but I think OEM are well made, and the price from Dan is great. If you have to replace them, and they won't warrantee them, I'd recommend you go back to OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom