Steering wheel removed, what do I do in the meantime? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Red Beard

Cruisin'
Threads
Website
cruisin4parts.com
Ok, dumb question time.

I sent my steering wheel off to get rewrapped so I’m not going to be driving my cruiser anywhere until it’s back. The battery is still disconnected from removing the wheel and airbag.

Is it ok to have the cruiser sit with the battery disconnected for 3 weeks?

Should I start the engine every so often? Is that okay to do with the airbag removed?

This would be a good time to do the front end work I’ve been planning but I’ve read you want to lock the steering wheel in position so I don’t think I can do that with the wheel out.

the steering lock is in the column, not attached to the wheel at all
I've had rig sit for several months, no issues with sitting a few weeks with no battery

the steering lock is in the column, not attached to the wheel at all
I've had rig sit for several months, no issues with sitting a few weeks with no battery
x2. It’ll be fine.

Thanks for the info, guys. For now, I'm going to do some things that I don't need to turn the engine on.

For future reference, does anyone know if turning the engine on without the airbag will cause any issues? I guess I could reconnect it and tape it to the column if really needed..

Thanks for the info, guys. For now, I'm going to do some things that I don't need to turn the engine on.

For future reference, does anyone know if turning the engine on without the airbag will cause any issues? I guess I could reconnect it and tape it to the column if really needed..
airbags are soft codes and dont start once error is corrected. hook it up or dont.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom