Steering wheel off center with no lights but c1531 & c1289 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys in need of some guidance.

I purchased this 06 lx470 off a guy on CL. I know the car sat with a dead battery for a bit. The car drives fairly straight but the steering wheel is off by a few degrees. I plugged in techstream and it gave me c1531 and c1289. I tried to clear all the codes and do the test through the program but i can't get rid of these codes and it never brings me to the calibration steps ( turning the wheel in either direction etc). From what I've searched, people have had better luck with the paperclip sst method, but I've only found the service manual page for an 04, are they the same? Is this something that would even work or do i need a new ecu like the first code is telling me. I don't have any blinking lights when I'm driving which is also the other weird issue. Any help is appreciated.

Hey guys in need of some guidance.

I purchased this 06 lx470 off a guy on CL. I know the car sat with a dead battery for a bit. The car drives fairly straight but the steering wheel is off by a few degrees. I plugged in techstream and it gave me c1531 and c1289. I tried to clear all the codes and do the test through the program but i can't get rid of these codes and it never brings me to the calibration steps ( turning the wheel in either direction etc). From what I've searched, people have had better luck with the paperclip sst method, but I've only found the service manual page for an 04, are they the same? Is this something that would even work or do i need a new ecu like the first code is telling me. I don't have any blinking lights when I'm driving which is also the other weird issue. Any help is appreciated.
This may help?

https://lc100e.github.io/manual/, then tabs
Repair Manual > DIAGNOSTICS > VARIABLE GEAR RATIO STEERING

Scroll down to various DTC’s

Scroll further down to heading “Steering wheel off-centre”.

-- covers LC100 for all years and given the similarities in all mechanicals, it is hard to imagine that LX470 is much different to LC100 in VGRS.

-- assume steering wear and front end alignment (for AHC vehicles) has been checked and rack ends not adjusted unequally, causing incorrect steering wheel angle?
https://lc100e.github.io/manual/, then tabs
Repair Manual > SUSPENSION AND AXLE > FRONT WHEEL ALIGNMENT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom