steering wheel not on straight.

Visit site
nope. Just got it... I think its just rusted together ... I took the nut off and the little plate thingies... I should be able to just pull it off after that right?

dgangle

total rice
Visit site
No, it takes a puller. One can make one pretty easy.

You can fix this by either re-indexing your steering wheel as you are doing or adjust the drag link that goes between the steering box and the steering center arm.

Pighead

Stop calling it an FJ
Visit site
I'd probably look at your steering linkage and tierods then...
Maybe even tell us what kind of vehicle it is....and what kind of steering is in it.
Pics are always nice.

Visit site
puller

I cobbled one up but for other pullers I have found the local parts store will lend me one for a deposit and 100 percent refund on return---good deal

Steering Column Rebuild

step by step instructions here for a 71 steering wheel pull and putting the horn back

Now go and see if you can still find the little spring contact for your horn! :lol::lol:

What year is your rig?

Visit site
bsmith comes through again! awesome. Well off to get a puller! :) I'm trying to check and see why my blinkers aren't working. I figured maybe there is some rust or something up in the blinker switch.

i got a 72 fj40 btw.

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40

I may grow older but I refuse to grow up!
Visit site
Harbor freight sells a pretty cheap puller. I too would check the input link to the steering box. You can get a lot of steering wheel adjustment from it. Just make sure your front wheels are really in line with the rear then adjust the wheel to straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom