Steering stop adjustment question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched on here, but didn't find an answer to my question. I've also looked through the FSM, but I don't see it there either......What is the process for setting the steering stops on the knuckle?

I tried jacking the front wheels off the ground (full suspension droop), running the steering box to full stop left and right, then adjusting the stops to where they just touched the axle housing, but when I set it on the ground, I had to extend them out quite a ways to reach the housing. Is the proper method to lift the front wheels off the ground but support the axle housing (i.e. adjust them with the suspension loaded to ride height)?

The FSM references a left and right angle amount in the steering section, but doesn't mention anything about how to measure this, or about setting the stops.

I also ended up with a different extend amount on the stops left to right, but I'm sure that's because I didn't verify the length of my relay rod and steering arm. I'll be doing that when I reset the stops after hearing what y'all have to say.

Thanks...

1664648562587.jpeg

I tell ya what, the search bar on here needs some tweaking.

I searched for steering stop (with and without quotes around it), "alignment", "steering stop adjustment", and several other iterations, and this thread didn't come up. Frustrating.......

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom