steering stabilizer - real time help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
is there any chance this end of the steering stabilizer where it connects to the frame is a threaded connection?

i’ve been beating the sheeite out of it to no avail. odd too cuz for the rest of my truck i’ve yet to find anything seized or frozen stuck.

maybe this is threaded together? or its original and really is just seized? got all 4 ome shocks installed in 1 hour...this is the last bit.

thanks all!
paul

DA76C3E1-5D07-43D4-9977-5B036A019B33.jpeg

Last edited:
well. - answered my own question!!

called in the BFG9000 (nod to the old schoolers that played Doom)

pounded so hard <—(insert “like your mom” joke here) that i reshaped the steel bolts my nuts, and that broke it loose.

steering stabilizer was burly work!

IMG_0872.JPG

Last edited:
Paul, you just pounded the threaded bolt pictured from the bottom correct?

Paul, you just pounded the threaded bolt pictured from the bottom correct?
trying to orient myself as I write this...

laying on the ground looking at the steering bars from the front... the driver side where the stabilizer meets the tie rod end

that one popped right out with a good wack from the hammer while laying on my back - yes - from the bottom - hammering upward.

the passenger side - where it mounts to that bracket which bolts the frame...that was gnarly - so rather than fight it in the truck on my back...I removed the bracket (2 bolts) from the frame and brought into the garage to beat on it. i was looking at it wondering if that was threaded onto the stud.

the big hammer took care of it. new stabilizer installed - out for a test drive now - new shocks and steering damper installed.

Josh @ Willamette Blvd Svc will be installing the new leaf springs Thursday. Pretty stoked to have this item off the tick list.

Last edited:
figured i would link to this other good thread regarding how to install.

seems the struggle I ran into is common, and the puller would have helped - but the BFH also worked.

learned the correct terminology - relay rod. that's the drivers side end where the stabilizer mounts to steering rod.

yeah, you have to beat the #^#%$ out of that thing with a rather large hammer and pickle fork and really leverage it with some force. or resort to some type of air tool hammer. they really get stuck in the mount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom