Steering shaking when hit bumps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am not an expert on AHC but I don't think I would start throwing more parts at the issue. If you are convinced it changes with the AHC settings perhaps re-bleed the system?

Good point. I haven't even checked the level of fluid. I just assumed it was ok because the height control works fine. I will check the fluid first. I haven't tried any other 200 series yet to see if this is normal. Would love for some lx570 owners to test over rough bumps at 50 mph and above on softest and middle settings and see what theirs does.

I really should get to checking the fluid for the ahc. The p.o. went to an independent shop (not a dealer) and had a lot of service done about a year ago.i have already found a couple things wrong with how they serviced it such as missing rubber grommet underneath the ignition coil which allowed moisture to get down the spark plug tube( after I had cleaned the engine area off with water from a hose )and caused a misfire. I also had strange shifting characteristics. I noticed that the service center had changed the transmission fluid but I don't think they had the level set correctly. I had my mechanic at my dealer set the level properly and now it shifts great. all the spark plugs were changed by the other place were loose some even almost finger tight so yes I definitely should check that ahc fluid as it says on the receipt that they replaced and flushed the AC system prior to me owning it. maybe the previous owner didn't notice these things after he had had it serviced? I will report back with my findings. just to confirm the fluid level should be at the Min line when I am in the highest height setting?

Last edited:
Can someone confirm where the ahc fluid level should be and at what height setting when checking?

Anyone have a write up of shock replacement on lx570?

I just checked my ahc fluid level I put the truck down to low and then up to normal let it run for 25 seconds as per the repair manual the fluid level is below the min line. It is even with the bottom of the letters that spell min. I would say about 1/8 to 1/4 inch below min. I will get some fluid and set it to the proper level and Hope it changes my condition I will report back after I set the level to the proper level

So I added ahc fluid to the max line (was almost a quart low) shop that p.o. had do ahc flush never set the level correctly. Drove it around but no change with this steering wheel twitch. This is getting frustrating. Really makes the truck feel like junk over rough bumps. I wish I paid attention to how it rode before I put the michelin ltx on (I put them on a week after I bought the truck. I am running 33 psi cold in the tires. I did notice the ltx defender in this size says extra load on the sidewall. Hopefully they aren't too stiff causing this? Next is shock replacement but it's going to set me back$ kind of wish I bought an LC instead of having all this unique suspension stuff. Any other ideas? Please help me love this truck (I drove my 100 series for 10 years and sold it at 320k and I liked the ride better in that old truck lol)

As long as your tires are balanced, I doubt it is the tires. Find a good mechanic and take him for a ride so you can demonstrate what you are feeling.

There is a telescoping shaft that connects the steering wheel to the rack, you can feel movement when on a cobblestone road. I had mine replaced at 90k. You could even hear the play it was causing in the front end! I did not ever notice the play until I had my steering rack replaced the week prior.

I think the part is still in my shop, I will take a picture and post today.

34949D06-B3D7-45AE-ACBF-0E8417BB4775.jpeg
There she is!

Kind of late with a response, that part is the intermediate steering shaft. I will check mine thanks

Kind of late with a response, that part is the intermediate steering shaft. I will check mine thanks

Tire pressures can dramatically affect handling and ride and steering feel. Bump the cold tire pressures up to 36 psi then see if you notice a change. Then try 38 psi. You might be surprised. Report back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom