Steering Rod Recall Notification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Steering Rod Recall 50N for 89-95 PU's.

The Toyota database has been repopulated with many, read 1000's, of more PU vins. I called my dealer/Toyota 3 times since I have owned my 92 since last year and inquired about my vin. ALL times they have stated it is NOT part of the recall.

Well, guess what, just received a recall notice from Toyota. Had it completed yesterday.

I asked about this issue with the service mgr, he states that, considering they are recalling almost 1m vehicles, the database is populated at different times.

If you were denied before, MAKE SURE you check again NOW and throughout the year.

Juke

Cube Dweller said:
I'm the 3rd owner on my 91 runner. I've received 2 notices on it. I tossed them since it now has a solid axle :D

LOL it would be a good joke to show up and let them look at it. And say "oh ya I forgot about that"..... :D

what years does that recall cover???

I would call your local dealer and give them your vin #. I just had mine redone at Toyota for my 90 4x4.

The (st)dealer wanted to do my front brakes, replace the rotors and such for 810.00. I went to Tire Kingdom for 320.00.

Mark

Just called the local Toyota dealership, and since my 91 Hilux is JDM, they can't recognize the vin. They say to call the importer and find out from them if the recall affects this unit or if its already been done. I can't do that, since i bought it privately. Any suggestions as to finding out if mine should be serviced due to this recall? Thanks :confused:

PS - doesn't look like anything has replaced at all on the front end...

I have to admit i waited and got mine replaced just after cranking t bars/low profile bumpstops/33's and running the Rubicon trail. They did not blink an eye about the mods but were curious about why I needed an idler arm brace.

Does this effect solid axle rigs, as in my 89 four door hilux solid axle?

hey if i am right it does unless you replaced your steering column the recall is on the shaft half way up the steering column so from your steering box to the shaft that comes out of your fire wall from your steering wheel

I had mine done last week and the alignment.....Odd that is was an original owner with 250k on the clock and never done.

Shane

I had mine done last week and the alignment.....Odd that is was an original owner with 250k on the clock and never done.

Shane

I have yet to get mine done. I had 28" tires on it for most of it's life, then it sat for a few years needing a new transmission. Now I've put 31s and will have it done soon. Just have to get the new torsion bars on and replace the bushings.

hey if i am right it does unless you replaced your steering column the recall is on the shaft half way up the steering column so from your steering box to the shaft that comes out of your fire wall from your steering wheel
Actually, I thought it was the relay rod (the rod that connects to the idler arm and each tie rod that was recalled. It is news to me that it was a steering shaft part. That would mean there where two steering recalls?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom