Steering options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a couple trips one of which was the Dusy is 3"+ of snow my steering system has some issues and is in a need of repair. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is other then It started binding turning driver this weekend and is leaking some fluid form the pump. I'll find out more Wednesday when I have sometime.

My question is should I keep it stock, or upgrade? I'm running 37's with plenty of extra weight in armor.

I've come across the some high steer threads, redneck hydro, HD arms, 1tons and Jose's y link but can't find a system I like. That being said after running the Dusy and seeing a truck get stuck up there for a week I 'd like to have a complete set of replacement parts on hand in case of failure

Right now I'm leaning toward a rebuilt stock setup since backup parts are readily available.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Slee arms in double sheet with Heims? Hellfires are nice but way out of my price range

Jose

I'm worried about the highway drivability of the slee arms, not sure if there's same issues with the Hellfire or not ?

Jose

I'm worried about the highway drivability of the slee arms, not sure if there's same issues with the Hellfire or not ?

Not sure there. But that's what I plan on doing after I go 3 link. That setup seems plenty strong since you use 3 studs up top connected to the 4 studs of the lower arm. If I had money to burn I'd go with Hellfire. But at $1k, that would almost pay for my transfer case gears and part-time spool

Are Hellfire knuckles available today? Or is there a wait list?

Sounds like theres a 3-5 week wait for the next batch. Then possibly a 6 month wait after that

Damn. So they are selling which means they are worth it.

Locally I'm hearing different chatter... Nothing bad, and I can't officially comment. But a bird on the street told me something...

In reff to the wait that is...

Are Slee high steer available today? Or is there a wait list as well?

No... Like I said nothing bad. Just a rumor, for the good.

Not sure what that means. But I'm putting in a deposit today. Billy's communication has been good but still Hope there's no BS that goes along with it.

Thank for the help.

Last edited:
Not sure what that means. But I'm putting in a deposit today. Billy's communication has been good but still Hope there's no BS that goes along with it.

Thank for the help.

So you are in ..? ( I mean in this batch .? ) he told us that was all sold .?

Good we are in the same boat .. maybe we can do a support group to help us in the wait ..

Here is the Slee option being mocked up.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1415909773.389874.jpg

I'm also selling my Y / T link in the classified if anyone is looking to go that route.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom