Steering gear rebuild kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my rack is now dripping onto the garage floor. Toyota no longer offers this item, but they do sell a reseal kit. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

So my rack is now dripping onto the garage floor. Toyota no longer offers this item, but they do sell a reseal kit. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks
Buy a new rack. Not worth the time or effort to replace the seals.

Like @JunkCrzr89 said buy a new rack. They are still offered. PN 44250-60050 for '98-'02 but check with your VIN to confirm the correct part number. They also offer a Toyota Reman as a cheaper option. I can't comment on if the reman is good or not.

Yeah, i just hate using non Toyota/Aisin/Denso parts. Especially a rack, with all the labor involved. A no name part fails and the whole damn thing needs to be redone.
Might be the only option though I guess.

Last edited:
Yeah, i just hate using none Toyota/Aisin/Denso parts. Especially a rack, with all the labor involved. A no name part fails and the whole damn thing needs to be redone.
Might be the only option though I guess.
Buy a new rack *from Toyota*. Why would you buy a “no name” brand rack???

So I am seeing PN 44200-60100 for a 06 model year. I am seeing that as discontinued on some dealers websites while others show it as available.
I don’t think it’s discontinued. Just hard to get because of supply chain issues.

D91F44B8-119A-4E2F-9FA2-04A2DE7E268D.jpeg

I don’t think it’s discontinued. Just hard to get because of supply chain issues.

View attachment 3012410
Yeah, Olathe Toyota was showing it discontinued, but my local dealer can get it for about 700 bucks. Odd, anyway, I’m just glad I can get ahold of one. Need to get the old girl in tip top shape again. Thanks.

910 labor to R/R the rack, alignment, and power steering flush at the dealer. Seems pretty reasonable for that miserable job.
Definitely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom