Steering Damper - Which One is Better? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am considering replacing the steering damper on my 79 FJ40. The three direct-bolt-on brands that keep coming up in my research are Old Man EMU, Ironman 4x4 foam cell and HFS.

I know a lot of folks and using these dampers and are happy with them, but I would like to hear from someone that has firsthand experience with at least two of these dampers. Which one in your opinion performs better? Of the three is one better than the others for oversize tires?

Thanks for any feedback.

I recommend trying to drive without one for a while and see if you even notice a difference.

I recommend trying to drive without one for a while and see if you even notice a difference.

hes right.jpg

I ran a rancho aftermarket bolt on kit for years death wobble. I needed it but since I have rebuilt my front end and replaced all the steering components I have not needed to use it anymore. So I run without one.

Regardless of brand, big off road tires take a steering stabilizer out within a few months (not years), soooo you basically never had one to begin with.

Don't run one and don't miss it.

I'm in the group that doesn't run a stabilizer, can't say I've ever noticed that it's not there either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom