Steering column/steering shaft help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unfortunately I’m still dealing with it. Getting a OEM rack installed next week so I’ll see if that fixes it. I do plan to bang on everything again to see but I’m pretty sure it’s the rack. You check your diff bushings?

Unfortunately I’m still dealing with it. Getting a OEM rack installed next week so I’ll see if that fixes it. I do plan to bang on everything again to see but I’m pretty sure it’s the rack. You check your diff bushings?

No, mine's solid axle now. Just trying to chase down why it's so loose at the firewall and hoping you'd done the homework so I could copy your answers. I'm getting the same clunk.

I also got one of the boot pieces like you have a few posts back ($12 at a JY), but I also have VGRS to deal with.

@molonlabemike if that firewall part is correct for my '99 then I would love to buy it from you. Mine appears to be missing, and there's just a hole around the steering shaft.

@molonlabemike if that firewall part is correct for my '99 then I would love to buy it from you. Mine appears to be missing, and there's just a hole around the steering shaft.
Being a 99 the part I have would work to my knowledge. The only difference was cars with VGRS. Shoot me a DM if your interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom