Steering Box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon I have a 1997 HZJ75 Troopy camper converted to auto just replace steering box which I purchased from a wrecking yard and was told it was the same model as mine but after fitting the unit all looks the same bolts up the same works great but when you steer to left it goes to the right same the other way can anybody tell me what model has opposite lock steering boxes fitted any information would be great

You could just train yourself to compensate. :rofl:

The truck would be completely theft-proof too!

Seriously, tho, I guess you got yourself a 80 Series box instead of a 70 Series:

"LJ70, 60 series and 80 series all have forward facing pitman arms, leaf sprung 70 series have rear facing pitman arm, I've yet to find a cruiser P/S box that has a different steering shaft or pitman arm spline so you can swap pitman arms and steering shafts between steering boxes if your going to try and use an 80 series box, have to check for shaft wear in the steering box if your going to rebuild your box they are all getting a bit old and worn now and sometimes new seals work and sometimes they don't, still worth a crack if you can access replacement seals easily "

Ask him to swap it over or get your money back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom