Steering box seals (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So all of the steering gear box kit's OEM and others do not contain the Valve assembly Teflon O-rings there are 4 of them . I have searched every possible place I could and have found nothing but a whole valve assembly, more than I want to spend, can somebody point me in the right direction for a kit for this part of the steering box .

Not exactly the same post but didn’t want to start a new thread, rebuilding my gear box. Can anyone provide some clarity on which way the output shaft outer seal should orient? Seal lip open outward, or seal lip inward? Diagrams aren’t very clear. Saw someone post to be careful. Mine was in such bad shape couldn’t tell during removal. Thank you.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Woh! Thats nasty.

250k miles roughly and nothing like that.

I didnt rebuild the smaller valving assembly when i did mine, just the major seals at the ends of it mostly.

I would suggest drilling and tapping/plugging it while your in there. I did a short video about that on youtube, but there are other videos for the 80 series online.

Not exactly the same post but didn’t want to start a new thread, rebuilding my gear box. Can anyone provide some clarity on which way the output shaft outer seal should orient? Seal lip open outward, or seal lip inward? Diagrams aren’t very clear. Saw someone post to be careful. Mine was in such bad shape couldn’t tell during removal. Thank you.

View attachment 3224473

View attachment 3224474
Seal lip should point outward like the first photo.

Seal lip should point outward like the first photo.
Thanks! Which seems backwards! That’s why I was asking. And, I don’t know what or why I’d drill for hydra boost?? I’m not a hard core off roader, just dirt roads and extremely mild trails to get to hunting spots. ! Thanks all for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom