Steering box leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

where is it leaking?
the 60/62 box is a good unit, I wouldn't swap it fo0r saginaw
you can send it off to be rebuilt or some do it themselves.
if you need to limit down time, find a used one and have it rebuilt then swap it over.

If you are getting a used one, make sure you get the one with the bolt pattern that matches your year truck. There are two bolt patterns as I recall.

Both mine were dry, bypass short belt was installed, not fun to drive without PS. I had my gear box rebuilt at West Texas Offroad. I HIGHLY recommend them, very professional and 1 wk turn around. I went ahead with the Saginaw pump conversion as the rebuilt Toyota are pricey$$$. I Love how it turned out and feels. And if the pump ever goes i can walk in most auto parts stores and get a rebuilt Saginaw for the near $50 range. Just my recent experience. Everything works great now.

A rebuild is the right way to go - I sent off to greatautoparts.com and the cost was $425 net (shipped back the leaking one). Went on perfectly and seems to be performing as it should.
912B771E-6D77-4222-8E39-586D53CF399D_1_105_c.jpeg

@Sushi Are you talking about your ARB compressor or the power steering box? West Texas Offroad charged $180 to rebuild my box plus shipping. It looks brand new when you get it back!

Add shipping both ways from VA = 110 so total was $290, they were very professional and it looks and works great and they pulled the pitman arm off for me......it had not been removed in 35 years.

Add shipping both ways from VA = 110 so total was $290, they were very professional and it looks and works great and they pulled the pitman arm off for me......it had not been removed in 35 years.

if the arm is off, the steering box fits in a flat rate postal box, $20 anywhere in the US

Yes, i will save the priority box they returned it in, Foam filled. Shipping to them was $$$ because they recommend shipping it in a 5 gallon bucket so it arrives safely, it just fit with the p-arm on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom