steering arm tech (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
missionsonwheels.org
I'm trying to work a trade for a '79 (production date 12/78) front axle. Everything I have found shows 1/79 as the date the knuckles changed to the larger one, so I need the dimensions to make sure I'm looking at the right one.

Can someone measure the a post '79 steering arm where it bolts to the knuckle for me. I've got a '78 so I;m good with those measurements

Thanks!!!!

why do you think the 12/78 production date would have the later arm that began production 1/79 ?

bolt the axle on
get the TRE shims from IronPigOffRoad, or $OR for $10-$15 so you can re-use your old tie rod and ends
be happy with your bigger steering arms

peesalot said:
why do you think the 12/78 production date would have the later arm that began production 1/79 ?
Toyota was funny that way....My first '66 had mostly '65 and '66 parts on it and my second '66, which was built after my first has mostly '64 parts. Both were fairly unmolested by the PO's too. I'm hoping maybe some large knuckles made onto a 12/78 axles a little early.

Klunky Chris said:
bolt the axle on
get the TRE shims from IronPigOffRoad, or $OR for $10-$15 so you can re-use your old tie rod and ends
be happy with your bigger steering arms

I've got to get axles for daughters rig anyway, so if I can score a large knuckle axle for my trail rig I'll put my current axle under her daily driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom