steering arm bent (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Colorado Boy-74-FJ40

I may grow older but I refuse to grow up!
Threads
The steering input arm on the left side that goes from the steering box to the lever in front by the bumper is bent from hiting a big assed rock and knocking the front end pretty hard. I took it off yesterday and tried to straighten it. Yea, like that was going to happen!. Its all wavy now. The rig tracks straight its just that the steering wheel is not straight. The rod used to contact the shock but it now clears. I just cant to get the arm straight. Any suggections?
rod.jpg

Last edited:
Every body who has done a power swap has one lying around, or threw one away. Just ask and I am sure you can get a new link for next to nothing.

I just pulled the one off my 72' Don't know if year makes a diff, you are welcome to it. Just pay for the ride from colorado Springs.

phlyfish said:
I just pulled the one off my 72' Don't know if year makes a diff, you are welcome to it. Just pay for the ride from colorado Springs.

That should work. Rods should be the same from 65 thru 78. May even cover more years than that.

Only re-straighten a rod when you're bent on the trail as a temporary fix.

Also, useing the handle from a hi-lift to sleave (sp) the bent rod will help get you out and to a trailer. A bent rod WILL bend again, best not happen at 65 mph

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom