Steel wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Off topic but what is your lift? Is there a body lift also?

It looks about two inches taller than the normal center of hub to fender measurement.
Thats cause its a 105 cuz, solid axles=more lift.

That explains it, we don't see many 105's and the look of it prompted me to ask the question. The photo from the back doesn't show the axle, ha ha, tricked me. I'm in the USA and we run them lower due to the ifs up front. It's a nice looking rig!

hi! yes i have solid axle eand no body lift.

i had tryed some steel rims, but in italy is difficult to buy some rims in 16" and pcd 5x 150
I bought these, poor quality and offset +10 but immediately resold, as jostled off the brake caliper. it was necessary to mount a spacer wheel

20140418_195855.jpg

I later bought these, always low-quality but with offset -20

but, once mounted with tires 295/75 r16, I did not like

20140418_195904.jpg

20140426_193123.jpg

Now, after trying several, I can say that the best iron rims like quality, are certainly original Toyota.

although I have to say that the material used is most often, and unfortunately heavier

I also bought those rims that were perfect as an offset (-25) to remove the wheel spacers, that I am currently using with tires 285/75 r16

just worn, they will leave the place to 315/75 r16 without spacers wheel

IMG-20170210-WA0067.jpg

IMG_20161027_175208.jpg

Not a great photo, but the Tundra steel wheels fit fine. They are 18" though. The nice part is everyone here is unloading them for next to nothing...I've seen sets sell for $100.

View attachment 1388164

@WingNutLG I have the exact same rig with the same wheels.. but I cannot seem to modify the wheel caps to fit on the front. Tried drilling out the whole in the center, taking out the Toyota symbol, but they still would not fit around the hubs.. I'm at a loss.. how did you do this?? THJanks!!

@WingNutLG I have the exact same rig with the same wheels.. but I cannot seem to modify the wheel caps to fit on the front. Tried drilling out the whole in the center, taking out the Toyota symbol, but they still would not fit around the hubs.. I'm at a loss.. how did you do this?? THJanks!!

These center caps don't fit perfectly like an actual LC cap would, but they hold on fine. For mine, once I cut out the Toyota emblem on the fronts, I used a rubber mallet to get them to seat. It's a little tricky at first, and your going to think that it will never work, but it will. Hold the caps centered and give them a few wacks, they'll grab.

Just got these put on today. Looks like the back is sitting up a little higher than the front. My suspension is stock. I'm planning in a 1.5 medium lift so I'm not to concerned I suppose.
IMG_3094.JPG

FWIW I am in Italy and would ship someone some steel wheels if the wheels are available here. I dont know if these wheels can be ordered here but would help a mudder out.

ms, but in italy is difficult to buy some rims in 16" and pcd 5x 150
I bought these, poor quality and offset +10 but immediately resold, as jostled off the brake caliper. it was necessary to mount a spacer wheel

Di Dove sei in Italia? Mi Piace tanto la tua Land Cruiser. Abitavo per alcuni anni in Sicilia a Catania e Palermo poi un altro po di tempo a Bari.

Do you have more pics of this? These look like the older pickup / hilux style wheels. Looks great. How'd you end up with them?
I will get a few more pictures. I bought them about 10 years ago from one of the MUD vendors that dealt in non-US parts. I was able to ferret the part # by cross-referencing a couple of non-US catalogs I have, and he ordered 8 wheels for me, five for the Cruiser and three for a custom expedition trailer that I've since sold off. I will see if I can dig through my files and find the part #. They are 16x8" and stock 100 series wheels, not pickup or Tundra or 79 series.

Hi All, Brand new LX470 owner as of Monday 7/9 here, although Ive spent 100s (no pun intended) of hours over the past few months researching everything about this vehicle. I just came across these rims today, and am wondering if anyone has any experience with the brand or seller, or any other thoughts. They look like exactly what this thread is about and people have been searching for:
Dynamic 16x8" Soft 8 Landcruiser Steel Wheel 5x150 -50 Black

I have an email out to them asking about shipping price to Cali since the website wouldnt give me an estimate. Will post updates as I get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom