Steel Wheels - 4Runner vs FJ Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I see a lot of threads related to guys looking for FJC Steelies for their rig.
I have found that the current 4Runner steel spare wheel is actually slightly stronger than FJC and it is ~$30 cheaper.
Both appear identical to each other, but there are a couple very small differences in the hat-section of the wheel that make the difference.

I cannot understand the difference in price, but its true.

I don't really have other input on the topic, so just have fun with that info if you are looking for FJC Steelies...

Are they the same widths?

Same width and offset!

Same width and offset!

I’m trying to learn a little more about these Toyota steel wheels.
part #
42611-35430 4Runner spare (stronger and cheaper)

42611-35330 fj steel wheel -seems more commonly found in the used market.

42611-35400what’s this wheel? It shows steel and 4Runner but I can’t find much else. Is it the same as the 35430?

Thanks

Last edited:
35430 is 17x7.5 with a 15mm inset
35400 is 17x7 with 15mm inset

The vehicle spec is the same so the strength of both should be the same

I would like to bump this and see if anyone has a set of the T4R steel spare rims as a set they are using.

I have a Tacoma and the 17x7.5 PN 42611-35430 can be had for 101.91 a rim. That’s tempting.

Well finally found a set of original FJ steelies from an 07...

They are so clean I decided to bite the bullet and have them powder coated, gloss black. Also I got a wonderful price for em!

The man doing the coating advised me he coats them twice as any steel wheel he powder coats with epoxy first and then the color.

Can't wait!

I have three new 255/75/17 C KM Jeep Rubicon tires so far, looking for a third now!

I have found that the current 4Runner steel spare wheel is actually slightly stronger than FJC and it is ~$30 cheaper.

If your still out there I would like to know what made you determine this?

That it's "Stronger"

Any pictures of the differences?

If your still out there I would like to know what made you determine this?

That it's "Stronger"

Any pictures of the differences?
He goes into the difference of the wheels in a little more detail in this thread.

He goes into the difference of the wheels in a little more detail in this thread.

Makes sense, thanks.

Higher GVWR and yuppers your going to need a slightly stronger wheel.

I think my FJ wheels will be strong enough for my Taco though.

Lord knows I don't wanna have to dig and find a set of T4R steelies and go through the same cost of having them professionally powder coated (Twice) first step was epoxy to seal the steel and then black as I wanted.

fullsizeoutput_14.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom