Steel wheel spare? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 100 currently has the Tundra BBS 18” wheels on Michelins 275/65/18 tires. I’ll eventually swap the tires out but I want to carry a spare w the same tire which I have. The OEM wheels are 17s so the oem spare won’t work. Id like to pick up a steel tundra/sequoia 18x9” as it’s cheap but unsure about backspacing/offset. Does it matter? Will having a different offset/backspacing be an issue if I ever need to use the spare and it’s not close to what’s currently on there?

Thx

3C727E39-5D5E-4535-920F-617ACD890445.jpeg

The OEM wheels are 17s so the oem spare won’t work.
The OEM wheels for your 2006 are 18s, not 17s.

Will having a different offset/backspacing be an issue if I ever need to use the spare and it’s not close to what’s currently on there?
Yes.

The OEM wheels for your 2006 are 18s, not 17s.

Yes.
🤦🏼‍♂️ Why I didn’t remember this, I have no idea. It’s been a while since I’ve looked at them… so do you think I’d be fine with the oem spare with the same tire as my spare?

🤦🏼‍♂️ Why I didn’t remember this, I have no idea. It’s been a while since I’ve looked at them… so do you think I’d be fine with the oem spare with the same tire as my spare?

The BBS wheels and the steelies are the same dimensions however the alloys are much thicker so the lug nuts may not work on the steelies.

The BBS wheels and the steelies are the same dimensions however the alloys are much thicker so the lug nuts may not work on the steelies.
Maybe I’ll just give the factory oem a try.

My 100 currently has the Tundra BBS 18” wheels on Michelins 275/65/18 tires. I’ll eventually swap the tires out but I want to carry a spare w the same tire which I have. The OEM wheels are 17s so the oem spare won’t work. Id like to pick up a steel tundra/sequoia 18x9” as it’s cheap but unsure about backspacing/offset. Does it matter? Will having a different offset/backspacing be an issue if I ever need to use the spare and it’s not close to what’s currently on there?

Thx

View attachment 3069935
I have the same wheel for the spare tire but never used it yet!

The OE shank lug nuts will also work on the OE steel wheels, in a pinch. The washer may rattle and it'll look a bit strange but it'll be fine. A lot of those Tundras come with alloy wheels but the spare wheel is steel. They aren't carrying two different types of lug nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom