Steel landcruiser wheel, what years? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Perhaps looking to get a set of the steel Landcruiser wheels (FZJ80? years) for my 1993 FZJ... What year did the 16x8 steel wheels appear on our landcruisers?
The photo attached is the style I am looking for..

sany0003.jpg
sany0003.jpg

93-97. Extremely rare in this market as almost 100% were ordered by TMS USA with alloy wheels. It was only a ~500 dollar bump to the cost of the vehicle to get 5 alloy wheels.

You probably will not find used ones on the market. New ones are still available however.

Discounted, ~144 bucks a copy.

The current published list price is $192.17 a copy.

I wasn't going to mention the "textured" finish.

RAISIN

That is funny to me, CDan selling parts from a picture of Beno's rig.

Scene open to sun rising over horizon and bunches of animals singing "the circle of life"

Last edited:
Guess where the wheels on beno's rig I mean RAISIN :hillbilly: came from?

dpr64: buying a set of correct (new) steelies from a Mud vendor is a very good deal. I have a set of used wheels and will have almost the same amount into them after I pay someone to dismount the tires, paint or powdercoat four wheels, then remount the tires and put the wheels on the truck. Easier to buy new and be done with it I think.

Get them with the black caps . Cdan and beno sell the caps. You may be able to find used steelies on CL or parted out and buy the caps separately .

I have my Spare Alloy at Powder Coater now. When they topcoat with clear it looks great.
It costs me $40-50 a wheel depending on if it needs sandblasted or not. I will post a pic

dpr64: buying a set of correct (new) steelies from a Mud vendor is a very good deal. I have a set of used wheels and will have almost the same amount into them after I pay someone to dismount the tires, paint or powdercoat four wheels, then remount the tires and put the wheels on the truck. Easier to buy new and be done with it I think.

That's exactly what I did shortly after purchasing my LX. The only downside is that they are very heavy. IIRC they are about 40 lbs each.

Just an FYI...those wheels are heavy.

I will probably be ordering them in the near future...have to save up some beans to pay for em! Heavy is good, it will keep Betsy upright better, sorta like ballast in a boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom