Steel Half doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is a couple of pics of the newly completed....(well I still need to screw on the inside cover plates and put the rubber weather strip on)...old style half doors. Sanding and scratch padding all those tight spots on the interior side was time consuming and a PITA. But they is done and look pretty good.

one mo

Nice Todd!! They look good man! What did you do for the top of the doors? Can't really see that part well.

Yo Han

[quote author=Yo Han link=board=1;threadid=6117;start=msg49069#msg49069 date=1065712823]
Nice Todd!! They look good man! What did you do for the top of the doors? Can't really see that part well.

Yo Han
[/quote]
I was wanting to see that also, maybe he ain't done that yet...... :flipoff2:

Butch

here is a little better view of the cap plate. For the finish, I stopped after I ran the 36 grit die grinder over it....kind of like the look of it.

Nice work!

Very cool :cheers: I'm working on a pair myself, I hope they look that good.

Ver nice work there dude. I would like to do some just like that for my cruiser one day.

[quote author=chuglife link=board=1;threadid=6117;start=msg49142#msg49142 date=1065723159]
nice doors man! i love that cage too
[/quote]

I agree, buying one from Up & Over in Aston, PA that looks identical...is that where you got yours Todd?

:cheers:

Yo Han

Cage yes and no...bought it from Brian on this site. A PO of his cruiser bought it from UPNOVER. So yes it is an UPNOVER cage. When I purchased it from Brian it had some issues with the welding work. UPNOVER got wind of it and told me to bring it down and that they'd fix it and make it right.....and they did....free... :cheers: All I had to do is sandblast it, prime, paint and install.

FJ40mayo,

These were somewhat time consuming....I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 20 hours or so. Seemed like everytime I thought I was ready to get them in primer...I'd remember that there was a couple of screws that were busted off needing drilled out and tapped..or the last whoops...drivers side door stopper catch needed to be fabricated and welded on. None of them any big deal....it just seemed to keep me from putting it in primer...which is a sign to me that I'm almost there.

[quote author=toddslater link=board=1;threadid=6117;start=msg49228#msg49228 date=1065732729]
Cage yes and no...bought it from Brian on this site. A PO of his cruiser bought it from UPNOVER. So yes it is an UPNOVER cage. When I purchased it from Brian it had some issues with the welding work. UPNOVER got wind of it and told me to bring it down and that they'd fix it and make it right.....and they did....free... :cheers: All I had to do is sandblast it, prime, paint and install.[/quote]

Sweet man, yeah that is good of them to back their product like they did, now I'm gonna eyeball the welds :eek: ...when i pick it up..jk.

Yo Han

Nice job!! :beer: I have a set of doors boxed up in my garage waiting to be chopped into half doors similar to yours!!

Looks good, very similar to mine. You didnt copy me did you?? :D I will try and post a pic of mine later

Very cool! That's what I was asking for when I started that other thread. I just got back in town and was glad to see you post these pics. Good job todd.
Anyone else got pics? I still haven't cut mine yet.

Here you go hammerhead, hope the pics turn out
I cut them even with the top of the tub and shaved the door handles.(not like you can lock it up anyway :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom