Stedi LED Lighting. Type-X Pro compared to Type-X Sport (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to add a pair of round LED lights to my TJM T-13 bumper. I have a shop doing a big electrical install in the coming weeks, so trying to get anything that requires wiring all done at the same time. They are putting a Switch pro 9100 in as part of it. I did quite a bit of forum searching, and the name Stedi came up many times how much everybody loves them.

From what i saw everybody had ordered the Type-X Pro. Over on Stedi's website, I see they now have a Type-X Sport model for about $200 USD less. Has anybody else gone this route, or considered it? Would love to save the $200 if the end results are not a huge difference. I did see 1 classified post where @brasskey said he bought them to fit his 200 TJM bumper and they wouldn't fit? That concerns me:

Spec-wise I don't offhand see any dimensions on why everybody would fit the Pro fine, but not the sport. What am I missing?

Also, anything else besides the lights I'd need to order for wiring? They make a piggyback adapter for the 200, but its only for 2016+. I have a 2008 so I dont see anything listed for that.

SPORT.png
PRO.png

I have the Sport. The bumper on the 16+ is lower profile than the previous 08-15 versions (only 4.5" from end of bumper to grill as shown in first picture and 3.5" from the grill to the bend down in bumper). So, there's not as much room for large, deep lights like on the the older TJMs or the ARBs as those bumpers stick out farther. From the post you made with photos of your bumper on my previous For Sale thread (see second picture), that bumper definitely looks like it's deeper than 4.5", but you don't have a bend at the front like mine does. Your post above shows that the Sport are 101mm deep and the Pro are 109mm. So, you can use those measurements and the measurement from the back of the bracket to the center of the mounting hole to see if you like where they'll end up sitting. I made them work by modifying the mounting bracket so that it sat more forward on the bumper (had to drill additional holes in bracket). If you look on the third and fourth pictures, you'll see how the bracket would fit in the existing bumper holes as is. It's right up against grill and still not inline with the holes. So, I moved the bracket off the grill a decent amount to allow for good clearance and then drilled new holes in bracket. The last picture shows them mounted and they hang a bit over that bend on the bumper at 3.5".

Also, looking at the pictures you posted of your bumper, it doesn't look like you have mounting holes in your bumper. Is that correct? Mine were already there. If you don't, then it's probably easier to mount as you can drill those holes wherever you want.

IPJDRsm.jpg

bE6IzqP.jpg

w5iZfKg.jpg

H87SnDp.jpg

OMnJ4w2.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Sport. The bumper on the 16+ is lower profile than the previous 08-15 versions (only 4.5" from end of bumper to grill as shown in first picture and 3.5" from the grill to the bend down in bumper). So, there's not as much room for large, deep lights like on the the older TJMs or the ARBs as those bumpers stick out farther. From the post you made with photos of your bumper on my previous For Sale thread (see second picture), that bumper definitely looks like it's deeper than 4.5", but you don't have a bend at the front like mine does. Your post above shows that the Sport are 101mm deep and the Pro are 109mm. So, you can use those measurements and the measurement from the back of the bracket to the center of the mounting hole to see if you like where they'll end up sitting. I made them work by modifying the mounting bracket so that it sat more forward on the bumper (had to drill additional holes in bracket). If you look on the third and fourth pictures, you'll see how the bracket would fit in the existing bumper holes as is. It's right up against grill and still not inline with the holes. So, I moved the bracket off the bumper a decent amount to allow for good clearance and then drilled new holes in bracket. The last picture shows them mounted and they hang a bit over that bend on the bumper at 3.5".

Also, looking at the pictures you posted of your bumper, it doesn't look like you have mounting holes in your bumper. Is that correct? Mine were already there. If you don't, then it's probably easier to mount as you can drill those holes wherever you want.

IPJDRsm.jpg

bE6IzqP.jpg

w5iZfKg.jpg

H87SnDp.jpg

OMnJ4w2.jpg
Nice, that makes more sense I didn’t know the 2016 TJM was that different depth wise. Great looking combo on your 16.

I should be fine on mine. I have about 7” of flat bumper before it hits the grill. They do have a single hole on each side, they just came with a little plastic plug in them. The whole is pretty centered front/back in that 7”, a little closer to the front so plenty of room.

Any advice on the Sport vs Pro model? Anything I’d really be missing with the sports? I’m not lighting aficionado and don’t wheel often at night, so I’m leaning towards the sports to save the $200. Oh, and wiring wise they came with everything you needed to wire and piggyback to the hi beams?

I briefly was considering the ARB intensity Solis earlier today, around same price. The Forums overall love for the Stedi’s makes me lean that direction though.

238E2790-496F-435A-988B-1FB922F87335.jpeg
F5C3E81D-761F-40A2-BA0E-671767E44FB3.jpeg

Any advice on the Sport vs Pro model? Anything I’d really be missing with the sports? I’m not lighting aficionado and don’t wheel often at night, so I’m leaning towards the sports to save the $200. Oh, and wiring wise they came with everything you needed to wire and piggyback to the hi beams?
View attachment 2562184View attachment 2562185

That’s up to you, but, for the cost, I didn’t see the benefit in the Pro with minimal gains in distance and spread. I haven’t compared them side by side as I only have the Sport, so I just went off specs and price.

For the wiring, yes, they came with great harnesses with waterproof connectors for a multitude of connections including tapping into high beam.

That’s up to you, but, for the cost, I didn’t see the benefit in the Pro with minimal gains in distance and spread. I haven’t compared them side by side as I only have the Sport, so I just went off specs and price.

For the wiring, yes, they came with great harnesses with waterproof connectors for a multitude of connections including tapping into high beam.
Awesome thanks for the info. I think I’ll go with the sports

Just ordered a set of the LED X-Pro driving lights ... I don’t order much from Overseas , last time I order some dive gear from Fance and had a problem mask and fins got stuck in customs .
So got my Lights order invoice says Taxinvoice ... anyone have insite into this ?

Just ordered a set of the LED X-Pro driving lights ... I don’t order much from Overseas , last time I order some dive gear from Fance and had a problem mask and fins got stuck in customs .
So got my Lights order invoice says Taxinvoice ... anyone have insite into this ?

No ... but my Stedi Type-X Pro LED driving lights cleared US Customs in about 24 hours after arrival in USA, zero duty was collected.

Stedi will provide you a tracking number & tracking URL so you can track your shipment.

Hey there. Whatever you decide to do, be sure to get the yellow and flood filter lenses !

Were were you yesterday ... LOL Unfortunately Stedi is pretty fast and my order is on its way ... would be nice if the Yellow lenses would be included with all the $$$$ you pay for the Pro LED

Were were you yesterday ... LOL Unfortunately Stedi is pretty fast and my order is on its way ... would be nice if the Yellow lenses would be included with all the $$$$ you pay for the Pro LED
Hahah my bad! Thankfully stedi has faster shipping and processing to the US than stateside outfitter shops *cough*

I looked under there accessories did not see the covers , I emailed Stedi to see if they might have been included . The bumper I’m using is the TJM T13 , I might just add the fog to one of the T13 light area’s that way don’t have to play around with covers .

@4wheelgreg did you get your Stedi sports installed? I’m looking at the same lights and have put them in my cart 3x now but holding off on ordering. Thanks for any feedback or thoughts on them.

@4wheelgreg did you get your Stedi sports installed? I’m looking at the same lights and have put them in my cart 3x now but holding off on ordering. Thanks for any feedback or thoughts on them.
I got mine installed, but haven’t seen in person yet. Install shop still has my truck but they sent me this pic yesterday
F241F740-A0FE-4CD7-BC52-BC775BB84320.jpeg

Type-X Pro. These are mostly well built. The nut retainer could have been a little better designed with tighter tolerances. Good quality for the money, and still cheaper than Baja Designs or Rigid after shipping

C75BD6AD-D778-4904-8889-164E69227ADB.jpeg

Do you have a overall pic of the lc200 with those stedi lights? I have a 16 with an ironman front bumper (no loop) been looking at those stedi lights.

Reviving this thread for a quick Stedi comment - from them in AUS to me in the Northeast USA in 8 days flat. I'm really impressed. I've had domestic products delivered slower.

Reviving this thread for a quick Stedi comment - from them in AUS to me in the Northeast USA in 8 days flat. I'm really impressed. I've had domestic products delivered slower.
Which ones did you get the x or the pro? Wife is looking to get me some for Xmas.

8.5" Type-X Sport - I didn't want to spend he extra for the Pro when I don't really need that much aux lighting to begin with. I way overdid auxiliary lighting on my last build, so I'm trying to dial it back a bit this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom