steamdonkey trail 2011 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
it was awesome 4 wheeling through western peninsula island with arron & walter in the bj74, nicely set up truck hauling 101 trailer leads the way through.ruvi stock 81 0nly with 2.5 " lift, without locker & my 2.5 " lift prado. we took the first right exit from langdale to port mellon highway & headed north for 10-15 minute drive,left into the back road-seschelt dakota fsr & that lead us up to a thousand meter height in a 2.6hrs drive.had lunch ,took some shots & headed down to sunshine coast,took the 101 hwy west & turn into norwest bay road & headed to halfmoon carlson then into steam donkey trail & arrived at 5pm in the evening. camp through the quite night & took off up the trail again the next day,stop at some point,walter & arron checking through the super map with gps to pin point where & which road to wheel through a loop around the island.at some point there are quite a bit of over grown trees & bushes. but anyway that is over bc trucks spray-boot--nicely done.we actually completed the loops in 1.5 hrs, headed down & had lunch at some point.then we headed to bible camp & arrived in the evening around 5pm.that was a very nice place.it feel like i was in cancun ,hot & dry in a sandy beach. shoes had lot of oysters,shells & fishes. we had a dip in the ocean water & had our dinner later,watch the sun set at 7.30 pm-8.30 pm. dark night eventually cover the sky around 9.00pm, by then we already had the camp fire set up & enjoying ourself with hard liq.morning came each of us check through their own vehicle & no one brakes anything, we head out at 10.30am & reach the turn-off in no time-4-5km. we decided to head out to richardson lake, arrive in 45 minutes had our lunch & head back to langdale ferries.took the 4.45pm ferries & everyone came home safe & sound.
all i can say is --thanks to both arron & walter to show us the way, hope to go again to explore other part of the trail in the future.
steam donkey.loop & bible camp 078.JPG
steam donkey.loop & bible camp 079.JPG
steam donkey.loop & bible camp 109.JPG

Last edited:
Don't let Lance near that donkey! Nice work John! X2 on getting Phil out as well. I am going to sechelt this weekend, maybe I will try to see this trail. Do I see Ruwi's truck there as well? His wife must be out of town or something! (lol)

hi graham,
ruvi`s wife is just like my wife, they like motel or hotel for the night,they do not like camping in the wilderness-nature.so lance,make sure you got to get some one like camping.

Steam Donkey

. Do I see Ruwi's truck there as well? His wife must be out of town or something! (lol)
Graham,
Yes, after 3 years the '81 with the wife as her daily driver, I finally got it for off road adventure. She now drives a Beamer courtesy of John/Philip from ICBC Auction.
In the morning before heading back from Bible Camp, I noticed that my passenger side front/rear mud guards were banged so I decided to take them off including the rear bumper covers. The front bumper is completely intact. I will re-install them come Winter. Aaron is planning another run before the snow.
Salute to Father and Son (Walter&Aaron) for taking us out. As usual the master mechanic John.
The main casualty is my fancy receiver cover. The hitch actually became my rear rock slider and prevented a lot of damage on my rear.
And tonight, me and the wife had Oyster A-la Carte for appy, yummy, fresh from Sunshine coast:)

Ruwi/Tarsier
P9052865.jpg
P9052863.jpg
P9062884.jpg

Nice trip John. If Philip gets into wheeling as much as you do, who's going to be working in the shop?

hi den, actually we drove 170 km + in 2 days on 4x4 ,average 12 % drop to bible camp. loop around the west side of the island & at the end of the hot day, we are really tired & call it a day.

nice work ruwi did not think the mudflaps would last long.looks like your going to have to fab a bumper up now before you really ruwin it.nice to see you guys out there.

Thanks ! Had a great time out with you guys. I am glad the oysters were good.

I hope Ruwi's WIFE isn't too mad at him for the few scrapes;)

With both of your permission . I would like to show some vids of the prado and the 81 on the trail.?

Thanks John for looking after my battery problem.

Whoooops !
Sechelt Sept 2011 010.jpg

With both of your permission . I would like to show some vids of the prado and the 81 on the trail.?

Aaron.
Go ahead. I have some too but too busy at work and at home. I'll post it later.

Ruwi

Thanks ! Had a great time out with you guys. I am glad the oysters were good.

I hope Ruwi's WIFE isn't too mad at him for the few scrapes;)

Thanks John for looking after my battery problem.

hi,arron,
you are always welcome,pls post the vids when ever you have time, mills thanks:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom