Steam cleaning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I called around down in san diego awhile back and could only find a few places to do it on a rack and properly. It was around $300 which seemed kinda expensive. Let me know what you find. I need to do this on my 80 before I repaint the undercarriage.

any news on this? been wanting to get this done.
If you have access to the base, the auto hobby shop on Pendleton has one. $15 for 30 minutes on the rack with the heated pressure washer.

If you have access to the base, the auto hobby shop on Pendleton has one. $15 for 30 minutes on the rack with the heated pressure washer.

can guest come? would love to do this on my 80 before painting the undercarriage....

can guest come? would love to do this on my 80 before painting the undercarriage....
Never tried to bring a guest in, we could give it a try. They’re open Wed - Sun.

Attachments

• Autoskills-Long-Term-Stall-Promo-8-1-17-1.pdf
    434.5 KB · Views: 212
Never tried to bring a guest in, we could give it a try. They’re open Wed - Sun.

I'll have to swing by there and check it out and see how strict the hobby shop is. The ones i went to in Hawaii needed to see the registration to match with the service member.

I'll have to swing by there and check it out and see how strict the hobby shop is. The ones i went to in Hawaii needed to see the registration to match with the service member.
I know Hawaii is the rainbow state but and we’re in Cali, just say it’s registered in your partner’s name ;).

They are going to be confused with the alarming number of partners I have then. Haha besides it's a marine base so I'm sure they are use to that.

As a Marine I do not take offense to that since every Marine besides being a rifleman is also gay ;)

@Tylerh84 wanna go have a pressure washing party with the cruisers? :steer:

Man everywhere I've talked to so far is pricey. Just talked to John's Automotive on Miramar (San Diego Engine Steam Cleaning | John's Automotive Center). They'll do engine and undercarriage up on a rack with steam pressure wash for $250.

Talked to a guy at Hawley Auto in Point Loma yesterday. He wouldn't give me a price without seeing the car, but sounded like a couple hundred there too.

As a Marine I do not take offense to that since every Marine besides being a rifleman is also gay ;)

@Tylerh84 wanna go have a pressure washing party with the cruisers? :steer:

I was doing mine when you sent this response. it was only $20 for me to do it myself. i think he said its like $5 every half hour. plus the cost of the lift.

Man everywhere I've talked to so far is pricey. Just talked to John's Automotive on Miramar (San Diego Engine Steam Cleaning | John's Automotive Center). They'll do engine and undercarriage up on a rack with steam pressure wash for $250.

Talked to a guy at Hawley Auto in Point Loma yesterday. He wouldn't give me a price without seeing the car, but sounded like a couple hundred there too.

We could do it on base. I would have to drive it one base and claim it as mine at the auto shop. But that's a lot cheaper than $250 haha. just let me know bud!

@Tylerh84 you can drive mine on base and clean it for me ;) I'll just sent you with some bash lol

Haha I'm pretty sure there's nothing holding you back from doing it! nice try though, I got dirty and wet enough doing my own.

good thing you are a sailor and you are use to that haha I might go this weekend and do mine.

thanks a lot for the offer man, i'll keep looking around for now - don't want to impose. but i might bribe you with some booze later if i don't get it done.

so how bout some pics of the clean cruiser?

No worries bud! I always try to help when I can and I'll post pics in a bit. It really exposed all my old and flaking paint on my axels .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom