Stealth living in my 97. Full timing it... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked up my 97 as a project, but it has kind of turned into a full time situation for a few months. Thought i would post what ive found that works for me so far.
I removed the 2nd and 3rd row seats. I searched around for a small futon sofa that would fit. Found the perfect fit at IKEA. It slides in and fits perfectly. It has a small base that allows for underneath storage. The legs stop short of the elevation change behind the front seats. I bought several long plastic bins to store food and another for clothing. My grizzly cooler slides in perfectly. I would like to upgrade to a nice platform storage setup with a nice roof top tent at some point, but for now this will have to do. Just thought i would share my setup in case it helps. The height of the futon in the flat position provides a nice panoramic view. Make sure that you have tint on the windows and you are all set...The futon was $139 if i remember correctly. Good luck!

20201110_123214_HDR.jpg

20201110_123225.jpg

20201110_123314.jpg

20201110_122058.jpg

20201110_122047.jpg

I full timed for many years in a VW Westfalia and really enjoyed the lifestyle once I got it dialed in. After the kids are older, etc. I look forward to spending extended periods of time cruiser dwelling and traveling again.

Hope you have some found some nice spots to stay and are enjoying some of the many perks of mobile living in your 80 :) You've got a nice neat setup there so I'm sure you are.

Love your Pendleton Westerly sweater on the passenger seat! Dude Abides!

Balkarp sofa? Gotta love ikea names. Looks like it was designed to fit there.

the Dude abides

Pendleton Westerly, yes! Way to go, that’ll keep you warm. Nice setup.

Roof top tent can NEVER be stealth; you are good now.

the Dude abides....

You rock! Living in a Lexus! I traveled and camped out of my 1st gen Sienna and it was fun!

Thats the right one. Fits perfectly. I posted an update recently. I have removed the base to the futon, which gives me enough head room to use as a traditional sofa. The new setup is working out pretty good...

Thats the right one. Fits perfectly. I posted an update recently. I have removed the base to the futon, which gives me enough head room to use as a traditional sofa. The new setup is working out pretty good...
Can you show us how it looks without the base? Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom