STC Fastrac on Aqualu 2nd Gen (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone done this before?

Got my STC Fastrac Zippertop on my 76 FJ40 and installed properly. Looks good. However, the part of the bow (vertical rod) that inserts into the doorpost just kind of sits in there and can move around. Since this is the frame piece that seals my door (once I install the hard doors), I don't see it working too well. Looks like the vertical rod would need to be secured some way to keep it from moving around in the door post.

Advice would be welcome.

AndrewT

Andy:

There should be a piece that screws over the hole that would have been used for the HT mounting poles (not sure what the hell they are called). The ST I put on your old 40 had this and it held the door frame in place. It should be a paralellogram type base with a nipple in the middle so that the door frame pole goes over the nipple and becomes a secure post.

Hey Jason. Makes sense what you say but the top didn't come with that mounting plate and its not listed in the instructions or on their website. They show it there for their other 40 top but not for the Fastrac Zippertop. I will call them and ask.

Thx,

AndrewT

I may have a solution

At first I was going to use the fastrack top on my 2nd Gen. Aqula tub but I opted to go the route of an OEM top. I can tell you this that the little plates supplied by STC will not work on the tub they do not cover the hole nor is there a way to mount them. I went ahead and made some Al. plates machined to cover the hole and they have a dole pin sticking up in the right place for the top. Let me know if you would like them I have no need for them.
MJM

MJM - Cool. Sent you PM.

AndrewT

Another Question on STC Install - having some alignment issues on the front hard doors. Is it best to install doors prior to securing the top or should I get the top aligned and then adjust doors to fit?

Right now, Door gets tight on top with 3" gap away from the bottom.

I don't have the door striker set yet and would think this is kind of critical.

AndrewT

Last edited:
Well as I can see it (I have a soft top on my aqualu tub) the top is not really "adjustable" to this. I can tell you that with my hard doors the strikers do help to keep the door really tight at the bottom.

Figured out one side which was screwed because the hinge (cowl side of it) was slanted and causing the door to flair out. Didn't know the hing was adjustable where it mounts to the cowl - so I learned something.

Now the other side is giving me different issues. Can't get the door high enough so it closes on the bottom (back of door is still too low at max hinge adjustment). Fawker.

More work tomorrow.

AndrewT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom