Stazworks wheels and 36" Iroks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found these tires and wheels for sale a few weeks ago that I may buy. Not a screaming good deal but decent.

5 brand new 36 x 13.5 x 16.6 Iroks
5 brand new 16.5 x 9.5 Stazworks wheels (Window type 1) w/ 5.5" backspace

Total: $1,700

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jkravito/album?.dir=/8ab4

Any thoughts? Too much backspace?

Unless you run crazy thick spacers that BS is wayyyy to much. Not a fan of 16.5 tires either but running a beadlock you should be fine.

Is the bolt pattern 6 on 5.5? With that much BS it seems like those rims would be made for someone running a fullwidth dana axle.

Wouldn't the 16.5 inch wheels deal with some of the issues of too much backspacing that are associated with using 15 inch wheels. Such as the tires rubbing on the tierods. I'm sure your going to have to run some type of spacer due to the fact that your tires are going to catch your inner fender.

Helped a friend put a set of Stazworks on his 40 last may. Had to send 2 of them back for repair because of leaky welds. Nice wheels other than that.

I am planning to run these on D60's with 3/4 ton brakes. Does anyone know if that is too much backspacing to run on a full width or slightly narrowed 60's?

How much are Irok's new

That sounds high to me. I would rather have 15" wheels because of the bead. 16.5" wheels do not have such a good bead on them.

I gave $530.00 for these wheels raw, no paint. Non beadlocks would even be cheaper.

I think you can buy exactly what you want for that price. I would stay away from the 16.5" if you want to run low pressure.

Just my .02

:cheers:

J.R.
bogger.jpg

Are the 16.5's made poorly from Interco?

jkravito said:
Are the 16.5's made poorly from Interco?

The problem with 16.5 rims is there is not a safety bead on the rim like on other rims so when you air down it is easy to lose a bead. You also limit yourself with this size since there are lots fewer tires to choose from in this size. You can pretty much get any tire in a 15" variety.

There is nothing wrong with 16.5 Interco tires except that they may not be round which is something Interco struggles with throughout the entire line. :flipoff2: But we still run them.

John Smith said:
The problem with 16.5 rims is there is not a safety bead on the rim like on other rims so when you air down it is easy to lose a bead. You also limit yourself with this size since there are lots fewer tires to choose from in this size. You can pretty much get any tire in a 15" variety.

There is nothing wrong with 16.5 Interco tires except that they may not be round which is something Interco struggles with throughout the entire line. :flipoff2: But we still run them.
There are still plenty of tires available for a 16.5" rim...

And the bead set is a non issue with the stazworks beadlocks. They use a hummer type internal double beadlock..

16.5" tires typically have a higher loadrating and have better sidewalls.

There are a bunch of reasons 16.5 is a nice thing.

There are reasons not to run them tho.

Main thing with the tire/rim setup you found.. Are they going on cruiser axles?? if so, the backspacing will make them a huge issue.

Plan on getting spacers.

These wheels are going on D60's. Would backspacing still be an issue?

depends on how wide the D60 is.

Probably not..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom