Stay "tuned" for a spring/shock marathon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 95 with 157XXX and need to get new shocks and or springs as it is bottoming too frequently and rides like sh**. It has an Arb no winch on front and plans for a heavy swingout on back are on the drawing board. Most of my driving is on road and when offroad it will be pretty much lite duty.

Question of the day, what spring/shock combo is best for my rig? Aside from the bumpers there is no plans for winch or heavy equipment. Don't want a log wagon ride!

PS Reason for going with swingout is because I hate the underside mount for the spare and seems to drag even doing lite duty.

What size tire do you plan on running?

If you are running stock size tires and just need to make up for the bumper,
OME stock lift AKA low lift.

The front spring is a "heavy" rear is a "medium". They are rated at 0.25" lift and 0.75" lift respectively.
Most with this option measure about 1" lift all around.

From Slee's website:
Part #: ARB1022 - $762.00
Consist of:
2 x OME 861 Front Coil Springs
2 x OME 862 Rear Coil Springs
2 x N73 Shocks
2 x N74E Shocks
1 x SD24 Steering Damper

Stock size tires, maybe slightly bigger, prolly not 33's though. Just been on the fence about staying stock or lift to do 33's. Don't wheel a bunch so it's not needed in that respect but ya never know. In regards to the spring/shock ?, just don't want to go too lite and mess up the new suspension ($ waisted) but also don't want to go too heavy for the intended use and ride harsh.

Now if it didn't cost an arm and a leg to do an Icelandic type truck like in the thread from a couple days ago (or whenever) that would throw me over the edge just because of the shear bad a** look, LOL. That is a seriously tough looking truck.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I just drove a truck with the Frankie Off Road Suspension Kit installed. Previously, I drove the same truck with the Slee Kit installed. No comparison. The Frankie Off Road (FOR) setup is amazing...!

My truck has the Old Man EMU Springs & Shocks installed. Not even close to the Frankie Off Road setup.

You need to drive a truck with the FOR Setup and compare it to anything else out there. You will be convinced once you test it for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom