Stay away from 4WheelParts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just a heads up I would stay entirely away from 4wheelparts online orders. I placed a order June 15 with all items being "In Stock" was notified the 26th that the wheels I had ordered were back ordered. Only the wheels. I then received an email about halfway through July saying the wheels and tires both were backordered. I checked Black Rhino's inventory through their site and there were only two wheels in existence that I had ordered. So I waited until today when I received another email stating items were still back ordered which included one of the wheels I ordered and a COMPLETELY RANDOM radio head unit. This was confirmed by my local 4wheelparts store so I'm in the process currently of cancelling my order. So far I contacted the sales rep via email who originally emailed me stating that the items were back ordered stating to cancel my order. I did not receive a response from him at all just shortly later I get a invoice from 4WP showing "CANCEL" under PO number.

I paid for these with a credit card through PayPal. Should I wait to see what's going to happen with this or should I go ahead and just file a dispute with PayPal? I'm on the phone now and number sixty in line to speak with a rep. I'll be buying local for sure now instead of saving 2-300 dollars online.

I'd open a case with PayPal just to get the ball rolling sooner than later. If the seller resolves the issue or issues a refund, then the case will be closed.

I've never had an issue with 4WheelParts but I haven't ordered in today's climate. It sucks across the board for ordering anything that requires shipping. I'm not sure telling people to avoid 4WheelParts because of your experience is justified though.

Sucks, but crying about it on the net does nothing.
Everyone, and i mean everyone is having the same problem you are.
Just cancel your order and move on.

So a completely random item being added to my order that’s not even in stock has something to do with shipping? I expected delays in my order. What I did not expect is to be told something was back ordered, in stock, then back ordered again and then have a random item be tossed into my order as well that was also listed as back ordered.

I made the post to give people a heads up about the practices of the company. I read a post on this forum about a sale they had going so I went with it due to the discounts later to read the thousands of complaints against 4WP then give them the benefit of a doubt and here we are. So basically if you plan on buying online from my experience I would avoid this company. I was even told in person at their store an hour from me not to order from them online. That they are the “Walmart” of off road stores. They advised me to order in store and have it shipped to them to avoid any mishaps.

So if you refer to trying to save someone a headache as crying then more power to you bud. Didn’t mean to step on any fanboys.

I had a similar experience with them last year. I ordered a Smittybuilt winch online and it seemed all good. They took my $$ immediately. After a few days of no shipping information I called them and they told me that they were backordered for 2 months +/-. I never got an email as to the back order and they appeared to be in stock on the website. They promptly cancelled my order and returned my funds within 2 days or so.

I ordered gears from them for my 4.56 conversation. The part they have listed is incorrect. They sent a 27 spline pinion. I called customer service and told them I needed a 29 spline pinion and his response was, "when modifying a vehicle some parts need to be modified. Can't you just make it fit?" The dude was totally clueless. Kept my car off the road for a week longer while sorted it out.

Thanks for the info and GL finding those Black Rhino Wheels. I almost went your route to get the Stadiums in bronze but found some 4Runner Trail takeoffs that will tie me over until things improve.

Thanks for the info and GL finding those Black Rhino Wheels. I almost went your route to get the Stadiums in bronze but found some 4Runner Trail takeoffs that will tie me over until things improve.

Yea I wanted the shredders that were black and bronze but I’m just going to give everything a while before I look at buying again.

I’ve had a similar experience. To say the least customer service is lacking. I ordered icon springs and a conversion kit about a month ago. Called a few days in to get an idea on shipping. Was told it could be a while but to call back later in the week to get a better idea on time. Called several times later in the week and no one answered the phone. Tried going through online customer service but they couldnt help me because I’m in Canada. Literally don’t know anything about my order and it’s been almost a month. No emails or calls. I have since tried to cancel but gotten no response.
I called up a smaller shop and got parts ordered and delivered in just over two weeks. save the head ache and order from someone else.

I’ve had a similar experience. To say the least customer service is lacking. I ordered icon springs and a conversion kit about a month ago. Called a few days in to get an idea on shipping. Was told it could be a while but to call back later in the week to get a better idea on time. Called several times later in the week and no one answered the phone. Tried going through online customer service but they couldnt help me because I’m in Canada. Literally don’t know anything about my order and it’s been almost a month. No emails or calls. I have since tried to cancel but gotten no response.
I called up a smaller shop and got parts ordered and delivered in just over two weeks. save the head ache and order from someone else.
Moe@4wp.com is the email address to the guy who finally got mine cancelled. Not sure if that’ll help or not

I called a local store in the Bay area looking for shocks for my 60 so i told the guy over the phone about the vehicle and then the guy on the other end ask "Is this Landcruiser 4WD? I paused then hang up the phone. :ban:

I had the same issue with them a few years ago. Website said in stock, but they were back ordered. I had to wait a few months, and even though I notified them of the issue, the website in stock status never changed.

I've never heard anything but horror stories about 4WP... all of them.

I went through a similar circus while trying to buy tires from 4WP earlier this year. Completely clusterf*ck. They will never get another penny from me.

Buddy had a 4WP local to him install his ARB bumper. They ended up doing $10-15k worth of damage to the vehicle. Took several weeks to get resolved, and ended up costing them well over $20k once they paid for his hotels, transport, and other expenses.

I normally don't ran't on the web about bad experiences but this thread struck a cord. I had an issue with them in the past over something as
stupid as a Dash Mat. Ordered by the part number on their site, and when it arrived it was for a 2001+ Ford expedition. Checked DashMat's website
and sure enough 4WP had the wrong part number on their site. I notified some gal in customer service and gave her the correct part number and she said to send it back (my dime) and they would send the correct one. I did so, with copies of our back and forth e-mails, and months go by... After multiple e-mails the same gal said it's on the way and low and behold, I get the same Ford Expedition mat delivered. Another long drawn out explanation on my part and she sends me an e-mail (no "I am sorry this happened"), just a simple reply that I should try to purchase it somewhere else. Who does that? They do.

Something to think about....4WP's parent company was purchased in 2016 by Polaris Industries.
That may or may not have something to do with the bad customer service at 4WP. (I haven't ordered anything from them since 2016 and it went smooth)
Polaris isn't exactly known for great customer service on their SXS's, and I am a Polaris owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom