Staun internal beadlocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NaterGator

On Gilligan's Island
Threads
Any 80 series owners currently running these? They seem interesting as they are street legal, still allow you to balance a tire, can be added to any rim you choose, etc.

I searched and found a few mudders mention it to others, as well as 1 that plans to use them, but nobody with them actually installed. I'm curious about their on-road manners, and I assume they work decently well for offroad and would give some extra sidewall integrity which would be very nice.

Thoughts? They look like a fairly cheap way to do DOT approved bead locking :cool:

We ran them last year in the UA on our 100 series. They are a bitch to install, but other than that, pretty happy with them. Can not comment on balance since we ran 39" BFG Krawlers and never bothered to balance them.

Christo they require drilling a new valve stem into the wheel, correct? It seems like it would be difficult to mount the tire initially even with the internal tube in place. Were those the two biggest hurdles? From reading it looks like they are fairly easy to balance with beads or golf balls and that they are good for sidewall integrity.

I may give ordering these a go when I switch up to 35s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom