State Trust Land Permits - YES! You May Need One!! (2 Viewers)

Do you plan to get (*or already have) a valid Arizona State Trust Land Permit?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am going family next time, only have room for one adult, and the dogs are under 18...

Hello, new to the forum and this is the first post that I read entirely. I just went and purchased mine today, thank you LongDuck and sorry for your problems but you have helped many on here. I spoke with the lady at the state land building downtown and learned some additional info. A family permit allows 2 adults and children under 18, I was told that the 2 adults do not need to be related (spouse) you can take a friend out with you and they will be covered by under permit. I was told that you if you have a smartphone you can take a photo of your permit to show as proof. You can also borrow a permit if the owner is not on state land using the permit elsewhere. For example my friend and I both have the family permit, if he has family in town and I'm not using my permit he can show mine with his to cover up to 4 adults and related children. I took a photo of his permit as well as mine, he did the same. Now we are covered for multiple adults if we are not out on state trust property simultaneously. Also beginning April 1st 2016 this will be an online purchase through the state land trust website. I hope this helps.

Hey, thanks for posting with your report from the State Trust Land office. I'm at a loss for the description of 'borrowed' usage they gave you, however - but par for the course for what we've all heard from them it the past!

To be safe, I'd recommend you always hold your OWN family pass to be sure you don't get an MCSO officer who hasn't heard the latest 'take' on permit usage, because that's who you'll be dealing with in the field. Good luck, and welcome aboard,

Resurrecting this thread, holiday season and my annual renewal. New people read this thread and consider the risks, not worth it to not buy the permit.

The online option posted by @Funner makes it extra easy.

Resurrecting this thread, holiday season and my annual renewal. New people read this thread and consider the risks, not worth it to not buy the permit.

The online option posted by @Funner makes it extra easy.
Thanks for the yearly reminder Steve! I just buy mine whenever you do.

Now it’s easier than in the past. They email you reminders that it’s time to renew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom