Starting Rust repair project.parts needes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day to all.

I want to getting into the rust repair project. The bottom edge of the front fenders (especially the right side has some substantial rust through holes, a quart coin size.

Also rockers are not too good behind the panel covers.

Once again. The person sold me this FJ62 did many cheap fixes hidding the flaws.

This is not all too bad but I want to have the permanent repair.

Can Any one point me to the needed parts?

Thanks

Soooo......without seeing what needs repaired i'll just take a shot in the wind......Really only a few choices , Buy new panels IF you can afford them ( front fenders ) , find used parts from someone parting out a vehicle , or make the repair panels and repairs yourself. Search the Web , Facebook , craigslist , Etc, some have new, some have used, will all depend on how deep your pockets are , would also look into local body shops for options as well.

Soooo......without seeing what needs repaired i'll just take a shot in the wind......Really only a few choices , Buy new panels IF you can afford them ( front fenders ) , find used parts from someone parting out a vehicle , or make the repair panels and repairs yourself. Search the Web , Facebook , craigslist , Etc, some have new, some have used, will all depend on how deep your pockets are , would also look into local body shops for options as well.
Thank you for your detailed answer. But the short version of question is Where can I get all the Parts. I don't mind paying for the new parts .but I would like to find a fare and reliable source.

Post some pictures of what you are dealing with and would like to replace and I would guess the collective will be able to help point you in the right direction. I don’t know of only one source for you to shop and get everything you may need.

SOR (Specter Off Road) has a bunch of replacement panels, I cannot attest to the quality/fit but they are new. Someone else can chime in on that.

CBB4511E-8518-49F0-84AF-40AB74A4D7F7.jpeg

C316FFC4-9FDD-4FB3-8895-7A2BBE9A0E75.jpeg

9B491CE0-C884-47D9-B3FB-516F47A5B6BD.jpeg

410B9536-7E82-416D-AFF9-58CF863103FA.jpeg

Piece by piece.. a patchwork Bj60

Welded in new all new stainless on three sides of the windshield frame. The new windshield and gasket still fit perfectly after all that work.
7914CB46-729D-4653-A831-4FD637B62378.jpeg

6D66BB16-4A9B-4B6C-83FE-8D2E1EAA647F.jpeg

E46D3FB4-C190-469E-A3FF-074CCB528029.jpeg

Wire feed mig with gas shield, hammers and several grinders with cutoffs and flappy wheels. Oh yeah and don’t forget lots of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom