starting problem, (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
like to start by saying what a awesome forum this is, have been reading posts everyday for months and tons of useful info,

I just got a 80series cruiser and loving it =), been a week now. 95 gxl petrol/gas, (will post pics later.)

I got it with a slight problem, the vehicle wont start with the key, the previous owner, wired up a temp solution till he could get to the auto Lecky but didn’t happen, he has wired the battery and starter motor up to a switch, and when u want to start the engine u turn the key to on, and push the button, car starts no problems,

I did a search and couldn’t find anything close to my problem, when u turn the key nothing happens, I have all the lights on the dash that should be on. I looked at the wiring diagram, and looks like the b/w wire that comes out of the ignition is what leads to the neutral/park switch then to the starter, so I put my test light on a ground and on that black. white wire turned key and there is no voltage. So I am presuming there is a problem in the first half of the wiring. I checked the efi solenoid, with my meter, and has continuity.

Any ideas guys ?, I really want to get this working properly again, as with the button u can start the car in gear. If I can fix myself that would be awesome, like learning how my rig works =), if not ill have to wait a few weeks to get cash to see a auto Lecky, and hope he don’t bend me over the table =).

Cheers fish

from memory im getting all the intrament lights, wich from what i inderstand from the above link means the nss is working, will try puting it in gear to see if any lights turn off. will also check the harness when i get home tonight to makes ure its not the nss conectors and the black/wite and the black/red ires arnt coroded. , also the black with white chaser wire from the ignition isnt getting any voltage when i turn the key., its not intermitent either 100% wont start with the key., so thats a good thing in a way i suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom